Tuesday, September 5, 2017

Week 2 at the MTC

The second week has for sure been so much better!! Time flies in the MTC! I leave in 7 days from now.. haha it's weird to think about! This time next week I will be in Baltimore!! Yes, it was awkward pulling my pink shirts that were supposed to be white out of the dryer.. my district elders thought that was quite funny also! lol I have bleached them 3 times so hopefully they work out! The elevator story will never get old! Haha it was so funny! 

The MTC is amazing. The spirit that is felt here is like no other. There are 3000 missionaries here with the same purpose and the same goal and that is why the spirit is so strong. The Lord definitely blesses us. We see his hand in our lives daily. We have been teaching 2 investigators. And we just picked up another one yesterday named Fernando. I have no idea why they keep giving us Spanish people.. they are hard to understand sometimes and I'm deaf so it doesn't make it better! Haha anyways the 2 investigators we just finished teaching were so awesome. John Garrett is the older guy and he lost his wife due to breast cancer! We taught him 5 times. And he also wants to get baptized! Our other investigator is named Alexander. He is from Peru and wanted to make better decisions in his life. So we taught him 4 times and tried to center every lesson on the Saviors Love. In the 3rd lesson he asked us what the steps were to be baptized. So the 4th lesson we taught him all about taking the name of Christ upon him. He is not a member and was really interested in what we believe. So we asked him to be baptized and confirmed a member of the church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints! He agreed and he was so happy! He then took his phone out and took a selfie with us. I wish I could get that picture! He then said:

"I am so glad I came here. You 2 Elders have changed my life. I was a complete stranger and I still felt cared for. Seriously." 

So I then wrote my email down on a paper and told him a missionary never forgets his first baptism! So he is gonna write me when he figures out when it's gonna happen. I'm pretty sure John was already a member. But Alexander isn't! It was just a really good and happy feeling that I can't describe. I was happy to see Alexander start to experience the joy this gospel brings to lives. It was great!

We only get to go to the temple on p-days! And i really like it! I went this morning! Also I told dad about me leaving next Tuesday. I have my flight plans and I'm very excited!! I'm also excited to tell you that they are allowing us to call home in the airport after we go through security. So you guys should figure out what we should do. What phones to call and where you will all be! I can't wait to talk to you all! Let me know the plan through Dear Elders! 

I heard jesses farewell went good! Hopefully as he gets dropped off today he will be okay! I remember the first day you guys dropped me off and it was terrible. Haha also thanks for the quotes. They help a lot! I leave for Baltimore at 4:50 Tuesday morning so the call will be early in the morning! Just let me know the plan! I wanna talk to grandma Welling to so include her and grandma and grandpa hatch!

Thanks for the packages and Dear Elders this week! All those packages of food were heaven!! Haha I've almost ate all of it! Now I'm starting on the Oreos!! Haha and I'm sorry Labor Day wasn't as good as usual! I enjoyed the pictures from dad though! It was cool! Well I will look forward to calling you next week! Just let me know the plan! Thanks for everything! Love ya. I can email the rest of the day. So if you have anymore questions I can answer whenever!


Love, Elder Welling







 Elder Blyle


Random Pics of MTC






No comments:

Post a Comment