Monday, September 25, 2017

2nd Week in Cumberland Maryland



This week has gone so much better than last. I’ve been out a month!!! That is so weird to me!! It honestly has gone by so fast.. There have been hard times and there have been great times! God Speed is real! Well my companion is really cool. He is about a foot shorter than me and he is energetic and is a great teacher. I’m learning lots. He has been out 11 months and is excited to hit that 1 year mark! I’m excited for that day as well ;) Thank you for the advice on the bible bashers! We haven’t ran in to any this week because we choose to stay off those streets.. Also, We are allowed to wear sweaters here!! My apartment is really cool! It’s the biggest one in the mission! The dishwasher works and we also have a washer and a dryer in our apartment! We go to a local library thingy to email every week!
   We also eat with members every night usually! And they usually feed us well! We also had to cook our own meal yesterday because no one signed up to feed us. So we were cooking stir fry and I was using oil on the stove top, and I actually caught the stove top on fire for like 20 seconds! lol All the smoke alarms were going off and all. It was quite the experience! We also have pretty good neighbors! 
       We actually committed 2 people to baptism this week! Their names are Hunter and Barbara.  Hunter is 21 and Barbara is 57! They will be Baptized October 7th!! I was so happy when they said yes!! We have a lesson with them tonight and we are teaching them what to expect in the baptism ceremony! We are also planning to commit 2 more this week, so hopefully 4 total!

My companion and I are in the same area with 2 sisters! We cover the same ward and all.  So believe it or not, there is more Steelers stuff here then Baltimore Ravens.. haha its crazy!! I even Got a Terrible Towel!

I had a weird experience this week! I was in an investigators house and I really had to use the restroom. So I asked the lady if I could use it. She says yes and her son starts taking me down these dungeon looking stairs, so automatically death enters the back of my mind.. lol anyways we get to the bottom, and the door is like this little kitchen cupboard in the wall haha so I climb in this door and the ceiling is not tall enough for me to stand straight up. And I look around and see that they have this HUGE toilet right in the center of this huge room! This room is also their pantry.. Their bathroom is right in the middle of all of their food. It was weird! The toilet was like a throne looking over a kingdom!

       Nothing huge has been happening this week though! We have been teaching lots of lessons and have been visiting lots of people. The missionary life for sure takes a while to get used too! But it is getting better and better each day!

Its been a great week and hopefully all is going well for you! Love you all



                                                                                                    Love, Elder Welling        











No comments:

Post a Comment