Monday, October 2, 2017

I could have smacked him.... and service at the Ghetto Zoo

      Hey everyone….I had the opportunity to watch general conference! It was so good!! Elder Oaks laid down the law! haha I took a lot of notes on general conference. I don’t even know which talk was my favorite. I think Elder Andersons talk was pretty amazing. But anyways it’s really weird how much general conference means to missionaries. It’s like the missionary super bowl! haha But back when I was home I didn’t pay attention to it that much, But out here is a whole other story. Hearing the words of God’s Chosen servants is amazing. They will never lead us astray. And I know for a fact now, that the Book Of Mormon has the power to do anything. The spirit that is found within that book is amazing. In the month and a half that I have been out, I find myself continually relying on the book. It answers every one of life’s questions, and I have already seen how investigators change their lives because of the Book of Mormon. Our mission president told us that 85% of recent converts that have only read 21 pages or less off the book of Mormon fall away. So we, as a mission have really been focusing on the BOM mission wide. It’s an amazing book. I wish I would have studied it before my mission like I do now.  I am getting to the point where I know a lot of BOM scriptures, and adding colts bible references will help! I find myself on my knees more than 10 times a day. The Lords work is stressful. But like apostles have said, Put Faith in every footstep and while on the Lords errand you cannot fail. We see his hand daily. We see little miracles daily and I have seen countless prayers answered. I love my Savior and My testimony has grown only by bearing it. Bearing testimony of the Savior is the best thing we as members can do. After all, he is the only light in this world that can shine through the darkness!  Our investigators are doing great and they are set to be baptized this Saturday!! Hunter and Barbara both will be baptized October 7th! I can’t wait!!  We went to Frederick Maryland.. There was a new missionary/ Trainer meeting with the mission president there!!  We have also been teaching a guy named Kent.  He is an older fellow and he really nice! He is about 70 yrs old and we found him by knocking on his door! We got talking and it turns out that he has actually read the entire Book of Mormon! We asked him what he thought about it and he said that he loved it. So we begin teaching him all the lessons, and we finally ask if he knows our church is true.  He hesitated for a second, and then says "Oh yeah! I know it’s all true! I think all of it is great!!" so My companion and I being shocked at the answer are like great! So we invited him to come to church and to work towards baptism and then he says "Oh no.. I can’t do that. I’m a Methodist."  And I was like, Soooo you know our church is true and you won’t join it? I didn’t say that but I was thinking it.. lol I coulda smacked him.



                                                                                                         Love, Elder Welling!













No comments:

Post a Comment