Tuesday, October 10, 2017

First Baptisms and Gettysburg

Im glad everyone likes my blog, and all that good stuff! Its been pretty hard to stop thinking about home. Im not gonna lie. Anyways, Gettysburg was so awesome! you will see the pictures!! We all need to go when I get back!! The baptisms were great and all too!  Anyways, the baptisms were so flippin awesome. Its totally a different experience watching someone get baptized!! They were baptized by a man named Dan Taylor! He is actually moving to Utah! Then that night after the baptism, we went to barbs moms house and spent the evening with her whole family.. None of which are members and so it was a gold mine for us to teach!!! We get asked a lot of weird questions.. They were asking if we even believe in the same Jesus as they do!! So then on Sunday, I got a text early that morning saying that Both Hunter and Barb wanted me to confirm them members of the Church of Jesus Christ of latter day saints.. a very humbling experience! I had never done it before and it was so great to be able to do that!! Never will I forget the experience!! I loved it!! We are going to teach a guy named Ed.  Ed has a long grey beard, no teeth, and is messed up because of drugs.. He is so freaking funny though!! A little hard to understand, but that’s okay! Anyways, We were teaching him last week and we were talking about the book of Mormon and all of the sudden he just looks off into the distance all dramatically and just starts speaking in tongues.. So he starts making all of these weird and obnoxious sounds with his mouth and then at the end of it all he yells AMEN! me, being the sarcastic person I am yell AMEN as well and because I was laughing so hard I had to put the book of Mormon in front of my face to hide my smile.. haha It was quite the experience! I also really hope that Elder Fitz doesn’t get transferred.. He has been in my area for about 3 months now! And transfers are the 18th!! Ill be pretty sad if he gets transferred.. But today we are on exchanges so I am with and Elder named Elder Dearden! He goes home next week!! So today is my first day taking over the area! Its been pretty fun so far!!  Everything has been going pretty well. It gets better each day. Of course I get homesick.. But that is part of the experience!! The letters and stuff really helped!! Mondays are my favorite days too! Not much else is going on though.. WE are staying really busy and we are just out here changing lives ya know ;)


                                                                             Love, Elder Welling!
















No comments:

Post a Comment