Monday, October 23, 2017

Temple Trip and Miracle Car Window

How’s it going?! I’m glad to hear that the annual hunting week was a success! Sounds like hunting was especially funny this year! I can’t believe Dad flashed the Game Warden!! Too bad you all didn’t get anything.. Looks like I am the lucky charm huh?! :0  I’m glad to hear that Ryan got an elk! And I’m glad the boys liked the Gettysburg coins! I thought Kaden would like something for his birthday! It’s so good to hear from you! I’m actually doing a ton better! Homesickness isn’t as big of a problem as it has been. And it all is getting better. 
        Hopefully you get the job!! Ive been praying for you every day! It’s kinda sad that Gordon Hayward already got injured?!? I’m also glad to hear that you all have been studying the Book of Mormon!! The book is sooo amazing and it is the tool of the harvest. It will bless all of our lives if we continue to read and study. We are pushing our investigators to read more than they ever have! haha
We were able to go to the temple with Hunter and Barbara for their first time! We went and did baptisms for the dead and they even took family names! It was so cool to see how much they loved it! Barb was emotional the whole time and Hunter just says that the feeling of peace is overwhelming. A girl in my ward who is 18, named Lexi Taylor is the one who sent you those pictures! She is Hunters girlfriend and she is a member! 
     This week has been a whole week of service!! Last Monday all the way through Thursday, all we did was service! We barely did any proselyting! So the best part of my week was for sure the temple. It is such a pretty temple and I’m pretty sure it is bigger than the Salt Lake temple.. haha
     Yesterday I actually had the opportunity to speak in sacrament! Me and my companion talked on the 11th article of faith. We were assigned that topic, we didn’t choose it trust me! Earlier this week we returned home one night and we were just relaxing and enjoying the night, and we got the bright idea to go outside and enjoy the evening. So we go outside on our pattio (Which is on the second floor) and we are just talking. Well we decided to go back in after 20 minutes or so and the door is locked... So we have no way to get in to the house.. haha So my companion is bare foot, I am half dressed and we are trying to bust into this stupid apartment!! haha So imagine me and my companion trying to scale down the side of the wall, half dressed and bare foot.. We finally get down to the ground and we run to the front of the house. When we get to the front we realize we also locked the front door.. haha So we are like praying that there will be some way that we can get into our house! So we are deciding what to do and we look over at our car and we had accidentally left the window down, and guess what?! The only spare key was in the car!! The window was only cracked a little bit so I was reaching in as far as I could, to reach the door handle.. When I pulled the door handle, the car alarm is just blaring in our whole neighborhood and so we are hauling butt to the front door so we could hurry and get into the house to get our car keys to shut off the alarm!! (This is now 10:20 at night)  haha I’m sure our neighbors were not too happy but that’s okay! Moral of the story is it was a miracle that we left our car window down!! If we hadn’t it would have been a cold night! haha 
         No worries, I am staying obedient and I am still doing great! Homesickness isn’t has big of a problem as it was before! But it’s still there! But I’m starting to realize the severity of my calling more and more each day!! And I’m starting to love it!!
Other than that nothing huge has been happening! We were talking to our investigator named Terry and we were having a sweet lesson and the spirit was strong and we were talking about the plan of salvation and it went soooo well. So of course me and my companion got big heads and we were feeling good so we asked him to follow the example of Jesus Christ and be baptized.  And he straight up just says "No." He didn’t say anything else with the no.. it was just "NO".  It was the biggest slap in the face ever!! Never get cocky right? I’ve officially been humbled.. haha but other than that its been a good week!

Love,

Elder Welling








No comments:

Post a Comment