Monday, August 26, 2019

The Final Email and P-Day


Hey All!!

Well, 105 weekly emails later the time has finally come for me to send my last one home before I return from my mission.

It's crazy that I am actually at the point of coming home. When I first stepped into the MTC it felt like eternity away. When I entered the mission field August 2017 people would ask when I went home and I would reply "August 2019" and their reaction would say it all, which was the fact that I had a looooong time until I returned home. Haha

But now here I am 2 whole years later, and I can truly say that it has been the fastest 2 years of my life. Some days and weeks were slow, but as I look back on it now it all feels like it was a dream. Time seriously slipped away.

These last 2 years have been the greatest years of my life. As I have looked back and reflected on my mission these last few weeks I have been able to see how much I gave truly learned while serving. I am not returning home with the same testimony that I walked into those Provo MTC doors with. I will forever be grateful for the opportunity Christ has given me to serve Him. These years have been the greatest, most refining, most challenging, most joyful, and most fulfilling years of my life. There isn't anything in this world that I would trade these experiences for that I have received from The Savior and His guidance.

My mission has been a little bit of everything! I started in Western Maryland, moved to West Virginia, then to the corn fields of Pennsylvania, and then down to the hills of Virginia! And finally after 18 months of serving I was sent to BALTIMORE! So many different areas and experiences. I have loved it all so much.

After many struggles and many hardships that always follow serving a mission, Christ taught me something that I will never forget. One of the greatest lesson I have learned these last 2 years came to me not when life was smooth sailing and easy going, but when I was going through some of the hardest times of my life.

I learned that it is in our struggles, pains, and sorrows that we truly come to understand that Jesus Christ suffered every pain, sickness, and sorrow that we have ever experienced in our lives.

I have come to know Jesus Christ personally through the struggles, pains, and sorrows that I have experienced in my life. It was in these moments that I realized that my Savior was standing by me the entire time.

Serving a mission was the best decision I have ever made. It has changed my heart and truly shown me that living the Gospel of Jesus Christ is the only way to true happiness in this life and the life to come. The mission is not what has changed me, it is Jesus Christ who has changed me and I Love Him for it.

I love with my whole heart the people and Members of The Maryland Baltimore Mission. They gave blessed my life in more ways than I can count. I am so grateful for every individual that has changed my life and come across my path in these two years. I love these people and I'll never forget them!

I will forever be grateful for the time I have been given to wear the Saviors name on my heart for 2 years. It will be sad to take off my name tag. There is going to be so many emotions rolling through my head. But I will always be grateful for Christ and the name tag I was able to wear for 2 years while serving Him.

Thank you for the love and support I have received these last 2 years from you all! I cannot tell you how many times I felt the sustaining power of your prayers. I love you and I cannot wait to see you all in just 3 days! Get the airport party ready causeeee Elder Welling is Soooo freaking excited to come down the escalator! ;) I love you and I'll see you all pretty dang soon. Buckle up. ;)

Love, Elder Welling!






No comments:

Post a Comment