Monday, August 5, 2019

My Final Fast and Testimony


Hey All!!

This week has been a wild one. Not because of the city if Baltimore or crazy bus people either.

Here are the reasons this week was crazy! This week I had my last and final zone conference on the mission. Which was super super weird. I gave my departing testimony along with all the other missionaries in our zone that are going home with me this transfer! For 17 transfers I watched all the missionaries I knew go one by one giving their departing missionaries, and then here I am 2 years later giving mine. Crazy.  Yesterday I also gave my last Testimony at my last fast Sunday, before I come home.

This week I received a phone call at 5:15am in the morning from the Assistants to the President in our mission. And when you receive a phone call from the assistants randomly in the middle of the transfer it is never ever good. Especially because we are in a trio.. Which means if some missionary in the mission goes home, they pull from the trio's in the mission and fill in the missing places.. So anyways I get this phone call from the assistants and they ask how the trio companionship was going?? I answered and told them I loved it! They then told me to not get used to it because I am being emergency transferred to a place called Savage Mill Maryland because an elder went home early.. So I had a day to pack my bags and just like that I was out of inner city Baltimore and put into a place called Savage Mill.. It was super shocking and very unexpected. I am not going to lie.. I was not happy at all that I was getting taken out of Baltimore with only 4 weeks left. I was pretty mad. Haha but I decided to humble myself and trust that God knows what He is doing. ;) I was super super sad to be leaving the trio and I'm going to miss Elder Shepherd and Griffin. But I'm here in Savage Mill now and I'm going to finish these next 3 weeks strong.

My new companion is named Elder Garrison Brooksby. He is from Bentonville Arkansas and he has only been out 6 months! He is a pretty quiet guy and doesn't talk much. But he is slowly opening up and having some fun. Haha he is awesome.

Well I'm entering the last 20 days of my mission.. I can't believe how fast time has gone. Here pretty soon my mission will be just a memory instead of a reality. I'm definitely going to miss wearing a name tag every day. But I am also looking forward to wearing something else other than a tie every day. Haha

I have my departing interview with my President Mutombo this week and that's I going to be crazy. Haha I'm going to be asking that man for advice on every aspect of my life. And I'm going to write it all down. It's going to be great! Haha

Anyways I will have more details on the area and all that next week. I haven't seen too much yet. I have only been here a few days now. Thanks for everything you do. I love and miss you!

Love, Elder Welling!





No comments:

Post a Comment