Monday, October 30, 2017

It's Amazing.... The Lord is Hastening the Work

Hows it going?! Hope everyone is studying the Book of Mormon, Something cool that I have been doing is in my Book of Mormon, Every time I have a prayer answered, I high light the verse, and then I put the date and put "Prayer Answered". It has been pretty cool to see! Now when I am going through my Book of Mormon I can see all of my answered prayers!! You all should do it!! 
      This week has been pretty good! We have done a lot of street contacting this week! Which I’m not a fan of street contacting because it’s really not the most effective thing to do!  We do have 1 new investigator and his name is Daniel. He was a street contact and we left him with our card and number and a Book of Mormon. Usually street contacted people don’t call us.. But this one did! So we have been teaching him and he is a single dad with a 4 year old kid.  We could sit in down town Cumberland all day handing out Book of Mormons and people would just chuck them in the trash. In the libraries over here the Book Of Mormon isn’t even on the religion shelves.. Its under the cult shelves. So it really bothers me! That’s why member missionary work is soooooo important. When they give us referrals, it’s like heaven on earth! haha We have been eating pretty well and I have actually gained a little weight.. haha Im not proud of it. But it’s happened.. So, the last 6 months of my mission I’m just going to do the "6 months till sexy" ;) haha  One of my most favorite people in our ward is an older fellow by the name of Brother Anderson, He reminds me so much of Grandpa Welling, it’s Crazy.
      I’m glad all of my buddies are doing well on their missions! That’s weird that Chandler got moved to California. haha Im sure it’s weird to change all of the sudden! Not much has happened this week. We have been teaching lots of people and have been street contacting lots of people. We knocked on a guys door this week and his name was Turner. He’s an older fellow and he goes to 2 different religions. We shared with him the restoration lesson and told him that there was a prophet on the earth today named Thomas S. Monson. And he just laughed at us and asked if we really believed that.. haha Then he asked me if this prophet was a human being? And me being the sarcastic human I am say "uhhh yes. Wasn’t Moses and Abraham and Noah humans too?!" He didn’t know quite what to say. haha 
      One thing that people struggle with out here is Anti stuff. I feel like everyone watches anti videos on Mormons.. We have been asked some wacko questions by people! They all think that we have more than one wife, they think we worship Santa Clause, and they all think we are a cult. I can’t help but look at these people and ask where the crap they saw that?! haha
      One thing we did this week that was pretty fun was we went to a little branch building in Keyser and me my comp, Lexie, Hunter and Ashton had a huge nerf war in the building! It was actually really fun!! haha 
          We were doing some service for Bro and Sis Baker in our ward this week and they wanted us to wash their car. So we went inside to get water boots on so we didn’t have to get our feet wet. So I get my boot on and am ready to go. And Elder Fitzgerald reaches in his boot to make sure there is nothing in there like spiders or anything. So he reaches in and feels something that he thought were sticks. So he pulls it out and it is this quite big, dead mouse! The mouse was stiff as a board and dead...lol He screamed like a little girl!
           Honestly I am still trying to wrap my head around the fact that I am out here in the middle of the Lords Work. It’s weird to think about. Like, ive been learning about missions my whole life, and now I am really on one! haha Its really weird to think about. But the work is moving forward quite fast. The Lord is hastening the work in so many ways. It’s amazing to see!
And out here you just have to be straight up with them. Because everyone out here thinks that we are just saved. That’s all they say "We are saved". Not true. Being baptized by someone holding the priesthood authority is being saved. People don’t like it too much when we politely tell them that their baptism wasn’t really valid.
      It’s starting to get pretty cold here. Some places actually got some snow last night! But other than that nothing huge has went on this week! Hopefully you have a great week! Thank you for all of your prayers and love. Today for p day we are going to Martinsburg to have a Halloween party with our zone! So it should be pretty fun!! And we have Zone Conference this week! Have a great week.  Tell Grandma Welling hi for me. And tell her that I love her and pray for her.


Love Elder Welling







No comments:

Post a Comment