Monday, November 6, 2017

Halloween and Miracles

How’s it going?! I’m glad Halloween went well and that the boys had a good time scaring the crap out of the kids!! I’m kind of jealous you have snow over there. We don’t have snow but it still gets pretty chilly. It is humid at nights and it gets really foggy! I’m glad that dad official hiring day is coming up! I’m very excited for him and this new journey!! 
   So Sister Short is the other sister in the Cumberland area. And yes! We have talked about how she is related to Evanston people!! She lives in Ogden Utah and she is related to Devin! 
   I’m glad that you saw the pictures on the Facebook page. We are in the Martinsburg zone and Sister Christiansen always takes pictures of all of us! So always look! I remember thinking to myself.. "I wonder if my fam will see these?" haha And sure enough they did.
  This week has been pretty good! We had a lot of the day off on Halloween! Me and Elder Fitzgerald and Ben and the Sisters all went to the church and just played games and had fun! Then on Wednesday we had an 8 hour zone conference. But it was so good! They talked about the importance of the sacrament and it was awesome!! I’m pretty dang sure President Christiansen will be a general authority! haha After that on Friday I got to go to Martinsburg and go with Elder Percy and Elder Parkinson for the day. They both have only been out for about 2 weeks! So I was kind of the head honcho for a day! We knocked on some doors and found 2 Jehovah witnesses! Too our surprise we found that they were quite open to our message and they accepted the Book of Mormon! They also invited us back later this week! Too bad I won’t be there.. haha it was really fun. And I got to drive a mission van around all day! You will see it in the pictures! 
  Don’t worry!! We get food all the time! We either eat out or we eat at a member’s home or the member takes us out! We never go hungry I promise! There are a lot of great people in the ward I am in. We have been working with the kid named Ben. He was  jewish. and he was converted to our church like 3 years ago. His family disowned him and he’s had a rough life. He now has a girl friend that is a member of our church but now hates the church. She has been showing him anti stuff and he is struggling. He is 23 and has already been in the military. He lives in his girl friends basement too! But yesterday he came up to us and told us that he has been prompted to serve a mission.. I can’t tell you how happy I was. This kid has decided to throw his past away and serve the Lord. He won’t have anyone to email him though.. If he goes, he won’t have anyone. Which is sad! So I am going to email him every week! But I was So happy to hear!  This past week or so I have really focused on becoming a consecrated missionary. It’s frustrating sometimes!! It’s taking a lot of hard work, prayer and scripture study! I still have quite the long way to go!! haha But I am so grateful for the opportunity I have to obtain the word for more than 2 hours a day. In order to preach the word you must obtain it first! This past week we had quite the experience! Every week we are required to find 2 new investigators.. it is the standard of excellence. Well me and elder fitz have been busy with meetings and we just haven’t had time to go out find! So last night before going out in the world, we prayed together and asked the Lord To put 2 new people in our path.. I will go in to detail in my hand written letter, but The Lord gave us 4 new people last night. It’s the tiny miracles that make it all worth it. I love the Lord and I know he is at the head of this great and marvelous work. Well that’s all that has been happening this week!


                                                           Love, Elder Welling!
















No comments:

Post a Comment