Monday, November 20, 2017

Happy Thanksgiving and Being Patriotic

   It is amazing how the Lord works. When they say he is at the head of this great work, they are not kidding. I’m glad that you have received all the photos and videos of us! They like taking pictures of us! Her real name is Sister Spears! I’m looking forward to the package from you all though!! Missionaries live and die for packages!! haha 
    Nothing much has been happening this week. We wake up and we get to work and then we go to bed.. haha But it’s a fulfilling work! We found 5 new investigators to teach and we also had mission president interviews with President Christiansen! I love my mission president. It’s crazy how much that man has helped me. He is called of God, and he has blessed my life in so many ways. 
   This week has been good! Every Sunday we get asked to teach some kind of lesson. This week we taught the Young men’s, and the week before that we taught Gospel Principals! Not gonna lie, I love teaching classes for some reason! It brings me joy for some odd reason! The other thing a mission does for you is it makes you AWKWARD. I feel like I am so much more awkward now that I am a missionary! haha I accidentally called a ward member a man this week, and it turns out she is actually a masculine woman.. I felt sooo bad. But we say things like that all the time! haha 
    Not any outstanding miracles this week.. 3 investigators dropped us this week.. that was really sad. They all knew it was true also. It’s so sad to see someone change and then just throw it all away. People don’t understand the blessing from the gospel. Elder Bednar said: true Doctrine understood, changes behavior! It’s true. If they understand, then they change. If they aren’t changing then we change the way we teach! haha 
    Thanksgiving will be good this year! A lot of ward members have invited us to dinner so we will be doing a ward tour Thursday.. I’m probably going to get pretty fat.. lol It won’t be like Grandma’s that’s for sure.  Sorry there wasn’t much to say this week. But there will be more next week!  Happy Thanksgiving!


                                                                                                              Love, Elder Welling! 














No comments:

Post a Comment