Monday, November 13, 2017

Spaghetti and Service!

Hey! Its was good to hear from you! Elder Fitz most likely will get transfered.. so if you have things for him then send them early! haha This week was sooooo crazy!! The Lord has been placing people in our path that have been prepared by his hand! That is for sure! This week we have found 5 new investigators and they were miracles. I will include the details in the hand written letters.. I write faster then I type! 
       My week has been awesome!! Me and Elder Fitz found 5 new investigators this week and have already committed one to baptism!! The work is hastening!! haha. The burn on my comps hand was pretty bad!! I told him it was a third degree burn, but he didnt think it was! lol From the sounds of it, you have been quite the busy guy lately!! All that bishop stuff and work sounds tiring! haha I wish the bishop here worked has hard as you do. The bishop here doesn't really like missionaries and he never feeds us! haha Hes also very negative. We will tell him about our investigators and he judges them and acts like he is better then they are.. so I get really frustrated with him. But thats okay! Im glad Weston is doing good and all. Im sure he is crapping bricks right niow. I know I was when I was that close to leaving! haha Im sure he will do great at his farewell and Im sure his mother is a mess. It is her first missionary! haha  The members feed us most nights. We eat out alot and I think that is where some of the weight is coming from lol. My face is filling in.. But Im working out harder in the morning now! lol The worst meal so far has been spaghetti! Ive eaten so much spaghetti here it is ridiculous! I didnt have to be called to Italy to get pasta.. Im getting it all here! haha My favorite meal so far has been with Bro and Sis Beauchamps! They are from central America and they always make the besttttt food ever! So I love going to eat there! Tell Weston good luck for me! The first part of a mission is the worst. But as you put all the faith in the Lord, the burdens on our shoulders will be lifted and he will find joy in this life and also in the mission. Like Alma says, You will reap the rewards of your Faith. TRUTH. 
   Its sad to hear about joseph.. Hopefully he will find a way! The Lord will help him, especially after 2 years of service! This work would be impossible without the Lord!
This week I have been studying the New Testament alot. Ive been studying the last week of the Saviors life. And I would encourage you to do the same thing! Studying in Mathew, mark, Luke and John Helps me look into the Atonement. The Atonement stretches far beyond Gethsemane and the Cross! 
   Im so glad Aynslee hasnt forgotten who I am yet! lol And im glad she knows I am on a mission! The ward is feeding us well and I am for sure not going hungry! haha Sometimes I feel like I should stop eating..  I just dont work out has much as I used too! We never have the time to get a solid work out in! haha About the sweaters, I would prefer you buy them from Utah somewhere, but if that is to expensive then Send money and I can go get them! So I had to buy some new pants... The lady in my ward kinda messed up on them and they look kinda bad.. She wasnt has good has grandma Welling, but she tried! haha 
   Im so glad to hear that the Book of Mormon has been making a difference! Now that you are reading it and feeling the difference, Mark in red every time it references God and Jesus Christ! (Messiah, Son of God, Son of Man, etc.) I promise that you will grow closer and closer to the Savior has you do so! It has changed my life for the better and it just keeps reminding me how true the Book of Mormon is!
   Im glad the little boys have been keeping up on the grades! haha Im really glad I no longer have to worry about it! I honestly do miss high school though! I never thought I would say that! 
   I was on exchanges this week with our zone leader named Elder Bowcutt and I was driving him around Cumberland, and we saw this part member family on our rolls so we decided to stop by. We walk in and we have a 64 year old woman who is a member, married to a 40 year old man named William. There daughter isnt a member! So we started sharing a message and all went well! After the lesson, the older woman turns to me and asks if her and her husband get sealed in the temple, will they go to heaven? So I proceed to answer the question and after I answered she asks "Arent we all from mars?!" And I was like no!! She looks at her 40 year old husband and she says "I told you we werent from Mars!" I was really weirded out by the question.. so later that night I call Elder Fitzgerald and ask if he knows the Orbans? (That was the name of the family) and he says urgently "Wait did you go over there?!" and I said uhhhh yes..? and he says "Bishop said to never go back there because William looks up anti and the temple videos and shows the missionaries!" So Then it all hit.. William thought we came from mars?! haha thats some weird doctrine we dont teach.. then I thought, william kind of just sat there and acted like he knew something we didn't. He always had a weird smile on his face and whenever we said something he would smile and act like he knew something more!  So that was quite the experience this week! Other than that nothing huge is happening! We still meet regularly with Hunter and Barb.. We found out this week that at the beginning of January Hunter is getting deployed to South Korea.. They are taking all the national guard over here! Hunter will be in South Korea for 24 months.. So that was pretty sad to hear. Hes pretty worried about it and I would be too! 
   Im glad to hear from you!! Thanks for the emails and thanks for everything you do for me! Thanks for the quotes also! I love to read them! I pray for you all daily! 

Love Elder Welling








No comments:

Post a Comment