Monday, June 17, 2019

This Week has been a Great One


This week has been a great one! Just like all the others, we have been super busy and running around like crazy! With our bus schedule, appointments, meetings and all the other things we have to do in a week as missionaries, I can officially say that this week wore me out. Haha

We started off by running 2 miles to catch a bus that was departing from the stop in 12ish minutes. I don't think I have ever run so fast in my life... We had 5 appointments in this specific area and if we missed our bus we literally would have missed all the appointments because there is no other bus to take us to where we needed.  We were headed out our door at 6:00pm one evening and we saw that our bus had only 12ish minutes until it got to the bus stop, and we were 2 miles away. So like I said we BOOKED it and ran like crazy.  My fastest mile time in high school was 6:30 but I think I beat that this week because I actually had a desire to run fast and catch a bus. Haha and of course the Lord was with us.  I don't think I could run 2 miles in 12 minutes again if I ever wanted to. Hahaha

Another time this week we were sitting on a bus and just doing our thing. It was 8:40pm and we were heading home after the day of work so we were deaddd tired.  While sitting there a girl got up from the back of the bus and came and sat across from my companion and I. She says:"Are yall with the Latter-day Saints?" we told her that we were and then she says: "Do you know a lady with the last name of Skinner?" we nodded yes and told her that she was a member of our church. She smiled and said: "Yes that's my grandma! I was actually thinking about coming to Church next week!" my companion and I told her how sweet that would be if she came to church and all of the good stuff. But then she said: "I actually have a lot of questions for you all!" she then asked us a TON of questions and loved all of the answers that she got and just nodded her head and kept saying how much sense it all made. At the very end of the conversation she asked: "What are the steps or requirements to get baptized??" my companion and I gladly answered and we got all of her information and told her we would stop by to talk to her more about it later this week! So that was a short and sweet miracle that happened this week!

This week we also had our friend Vanessa drop us. Which was super sad, butttttt everyone has free agency and it's a kicker as a missionary. She was the one lady who literally came out her door telling us that she wanted to be baptized and feel clean again, and she was doing so well every time we would go over and teach her. You want so bad for these people to just take what you are offering them because you know this is seriously the best thing for them and then they reject it.  Most of the time they have no idea that when they reject the message we bring, they are rejecting every blessing that could possibly be theirs if they would just accept the message. They don't understand that this message would bring them the MOST joy in life. And that's why it's so sad when they reject this.  But like I said free agency is a real kicker. Haha

We also had a superrrr solid guy come to church this week named Royel! He lives in Baltimore and we saw him on the street and gave him a card from our church. He invited us over to his house and then he came to church with us today!! He is super sweet!!

We also had a homemade Rodizios Brazilian Grill here in Baltimore!!  We ate dinner with the Goncalves and Fa family yesterday for Father's day and the Goncalves family is from Brazil and they cooked up some goooooood meats. Haha so good. They are all awesome!

We also were walking around Baltimore this week and a random guy stopped us and asked us if he could take our picture. We were a little taken back but agreed being super hesitant. When we agreed we thought he would just pull out this quick little camera or send it on his smart phone, but nopeeee.  He legit ran over to his van grabbed a ladder out of it and began to set up this HUGE tripod and camera set. There are people walking everywhere around us, cars are zooming and we are in the middle of Baltimore waiting for 15 minutes for this guy to set up his HUGE camera in the middle of the street. It was super awkward because he was using one of those super, super old cameras where you squeeze the button thing and put the sheet over your head when you look into the lense!  After the picture was taken, he came up to us and asked if we wanted him to send us the picture when he got it finished. We agreed and then he asked us for our names and emails. On the spot my companion and I decided that we would switch our first names so that if this guy was trying to pull some scam thing on us it wouldn't work.  So I was Tyler Welling and my companion’s was Nate Beus.  Then I wrote my email down for the guy and we walked away. As we were walking away we realized that I wrote my name down on his paper as Tyler Welling but then the email that I wrote down next to my name was nathanwelling7961@gmail... Blonde moment from Elder Welling.  Haha I felt like such an idiot.

Anyways this week has been wild and busy!!  
Thanks for the emails and support! I love and miss you!

Love, Elder Welling!













No comments:

Post a Comment