Monday, January 15, 2018

EXCITED to stay in Cumberland!!

I have been doing great! I AM STAYING IN CUMBERLAND! I am so freaking excited to stay here. I will be here for more than 6 months now! We got a call last night at about 10 and they told us that Elder Cook and I are both staying! The reason I am so happy is because we have 2 baptisms in the coming 2 weeks and I would have been so mad if I missed them! I am glad you guys got the email on the phones. We are all super excited to get them over here! I also heard that the Steelers lost to the freaking jaguars..? How?! I was disappointed in them. They have been doing good this whole year and they lose to a team who hasn’t been in the playoffs in like 10 years lol 
       I’m glad that Caleb is doing good in basketball! And I’m super pumped to know that he is wearing #10!!!!! It must be the number or something! ;) But it sounds like he was doing really well!! 12 points?? jeez! The hard work pays off. I remember playing nervous when I was in middle school and all the way up to about sophomore year! Junior year was a little better and my Senior year was freaking awesome. I wish I could go back and play for Evanston again! I miss it! 
       Well Ray is going to be baptized this weekend! I can’t wait! He has been sick the last couple of days.. But he is still set to be baptized! He even found a new apartment! That’s a story also! lol It’s a funny story! Also Dakota gave up smoking finally! She through her vape away! We decided that being bold with her would be the best way. So we just asked her what her conviction was. And I think that question got to her and she is completely done! It was weird and cool to see! haha
       Last night we went to a members home. The Taylors! They are actually moving to Utah! We went to their house last night and ate dinner and played family games like mafia and signs and stuff like that. It was a lot of fun!
        This last week we get a text from Salt Lake from the referral center and it gave us the address to this person named Jamie. So when people get on LDS.org looking for a free bible or Book of Mormon, They request it and that request gets sent to the referral center and that request gets sent to us. Little do they know that 2 Mormon missionaries will be showing up on their door with their request. All of them think they will just send it in the mail. Kind ofcool how it works! So we put the address into our GPS and we go to the place.. and we pull up to this church.. And sure enough the address was the address of this random church.. So I get out of the car and we walk up to the church door an knock.. They open the door and we ask to see Jamie, they let us in and in the back room you can just here all these black people whispering "it’s the mormons i think" or "They are dressed up all weird" Anyways.. Jamie finally comes out and we hand her the bible she requested! Then we pull out the Book Of Mormon. And has soon as we did that everyone in the room next to us starts laughing at us and making fun of us. It was actually quite humiliating haha but we hand her the Book Of Mormon, and to top off the humiliation she says: "I will read the bible.. there is no way I’m reading the other book." So then of course everyone started laughing even harder at us. We awkwardly squeeze out the door and walk the walk of shame to our car.. lol It was so weird delivering a Book Of Mormon to a random church!!
         Anyways, my week has been pretty good. We have received 11 referrals this week! It has been so good! We will stay busy this week as well. We are going to try and go to the temple this week and do baptisms for the dead! It should be really fun with Ashton! then after that Elder Cook and I will stay for a session!  
         Well thanks for all the emails and I’m not getting transferred so you can send me stuff! lol Thanks for all you do! I will talk to you next week! Have a great week. Love ya!
                                                                            

                                                                                      Love, Elder Welling















No comments:

Post a Comment