Tuesday, January 2, 2018

Christmas and New Year's

   Well it was for sure hard to hang up the phone on Christmas!! I would have talked to all of you all day!.. lol I got the hand written letter and also the picture. The picture is so freaking good! I can’t believe she drew that! She would always draw big pictures and stuff for the seminary buildings, so I knew she was already good at drawing. But I loved the letter also!
      The guy that sent you that picture was random! I was in subway in Hancock Maryland and I noticed him staring at me while I was ordering. Then he came a little closer and he was just staring at my name tag. It was super weird. Then he said "Hey, where are you from?" and I answered "I’m from Wyoming" and he said "ohhhhh that’s cool!" And I asked him if he knew who we were. He said no, but that he ran into 2 Mormon missionaries in the Andes Mountains. So he said I know that you guys dont talk to your families much so I will send them a picture. He took our picture, asked for a number, and shook our hands and said "Keep doing God’s work. Gods speed." and he walked away... It was kind of crazy! Now that I look back on it, he was an answer to mine and Elder Cooks prayer.. Me and Elder Cook prayed together that morning that the Lord would put someone in our path to talk to. And he did! We just didn't even notice it. I felt so bad. It was a great opportunity to talk to him.. But we didn’t. 
     To be Honest it is freaking freezing over here.. haha I mean it’s usually 6 degrees but the air is different over here. Its not like Wyoming at all! Me and Elder Cook went on a run this morning and I couldn’t breathe at all! I felt sooooo fat. lol But I am staying warm and no troubles there! 
     I’m super glad that caleb has been practicing basketball! He will be a good little player and I look forward to practicing with him when I get back! I miss playing everyday.. I’m actually missing playing High School ball. That’s what I would look forward to every year and now it’s gone! haha its really sad to think about.  But I am super glad that he is practicing and doing good! I will look for the video!
     Our mission president informed all of us the day after Christmas that each individual missionary will be getting their own Samsung phone! OUR MISSION IS GETTING TECHNOLOGY!! I’m super excited. We will be a facebook mission. President said that he would be sending an email to the parents on the instructions on how to get the phone!
   I will also pray for Joseph. I’m sure he is struggling with going home. All the departing missionaries from my mission tell me they dread going home and I look at them like they are stupid. haha But I can see why they will miss it! It’s for sure different being out here and seeing the Lord hasten his work. No joke when I say that. It’s happening so fast. 
     Nothing to crazy for me this week. Ashton will finally be baptized this Saturday and he asked me to do it! He wants me to baptize him! I’m so happy he asked me. I love the kid and I am so happy he is choosing to be baptized! But that will be this Saturday and the confirmation will be Sunday!  All of the rest of our investigators are doing well. Ray is struggling. He smoked again.. Satan is a bugger. I hate the guy. We have been telling Ray that now that he is changing his life it’s not going to be easy. Satan knows when we are doing something right. We went to Ray’s house when we found out he was smoking again and he was angry with himself. So we talked to him about it and he said "I felt myself going backwards.. I don’t want to go back to the person I was." Things like this just makes a missionary jump for joy. He has already changed his life! Yes, he messed up along the way. But we all do. He has learned to rely on the Savior and I cant tell you how happy I am for him. I love the guy. 
     Hopefully Grandmas fish doesn’t die... haha it would be funny but at the same time it would be really sad! haha She probably loves the little thing! I hope my boy Anthony is making it around okay. I expect him to be there when I get back! haha For New Year’s we partied with some members and had a good time! But we had to be back in the apartment by 9... So we watched movies until midnight and then I watched on our phone the 2017 change to 2018 and that was cool! Then we went to bed.. lol Not an exciting new year’s.. but hey, Now I can say I go home next year! lol 
     Well thanks for the email and all of that good stuff! I loved talking to you all last week! It was awesome to see you all! Hopefully you have a good week and I Love ya! Keep being awesome! And fix the shoulder if ya can ;) Love ya!


                                              Love, Elder Welling!













No comments:

Post a Comment