Monday, December 18, 2017

Interesting Week

     My week has been quite interesting!! We had our ward Christmas party and it was pretty fun! They didn’t have Santa come for all the little kids which was kind of weird! Me and Elder Cook were going to bet on something and the loser was going to have to sit on his lap! haha Last night we went to a family in our ward and they were having a ward caroling party. So a bunch of ward members gathered up and we all went caroling. It was so much fun. I love the people in my ward. There is a guy named Brother Oliver and he is 30 and he served in Argentina. Then there is a guy named Don Bishop and he is from Provo. Those 2 are the funniest guys ever! Don likes the Steelers!
     I have received the package and have loved all the little notes and all of the presents I have received so far! The Steelers socks, The Hickory Farm, the CDs, the ties, and the Buffalo Wild Wings gift card!! I also got the cool Christmas tie that lights up and plays a song! I will be wearing it on Christmas!! Thank you for the package. I love it!!
    Well like I said.. This week has been interesting. The general summary is this... Prostitutes and Miracles!! Now.. you are wondering how the heck those 2 go together? Well they don’t. That’s what made it so crazy! haha Remember that crazy lady I was telling you about last week?! I will tell you about her again. Last week we were going to see Ray the black guy. Ray lives in a big house that just looks like a normal big house. But when you walk in, there are a bunch of little rooms. It’s an apartment complex! The outside of this house is scary looking. It looks like a haunted house.. haha Bricks are falling off the house and windows are broken and all in all it is just a sketch house. So, inside the house there are narrow hallways and there are no lights. So walking up the stairs is a little creepy. Anyways, every time we walk up the stairs.. this building has a lady named Tisha. She wears a white jacket and she has black spiked up hair. And every time we walk past her door she will throw open the door and scare the freaking crap out of us! I was half tempted to hit her with a Book Of Mormon. lol ANYWAYS.. We are going to see ray this week and we get out of our car and start heading for the house.  And up on the second floor there is a big bay window that is huge. haha I look up into the window and I just see this lady staring at us.. So instantly I know she is going to be hiding somewhere in this building and she is going to scare the crap out of us again. So we walk in the front door and we walk up the stairs. As we are doing so, We hear this lady talking to herself and she says "Hiiiiiiii" in a golum like voice. Elder Cook and I look at each other and we just book it down the stairs and out the door and we legit ran half way down the street. Freakiest noise I ever heard. So we finally get the courage to go back inside and we head for the stairs once again. We turn the corner and see nothing. We take one step down the hallway and boom.. The lady is standing in the hallway looking for us. The first thing she says is "Ive been watching you" and I’m like oh yeah?? And she says "Yes, I am always watching you guys. I see you all the time." So I start to worry only a little.. haha So then I ask her for her name because even though she has scared us 15 times, We never asked her for her name.. haha So her name is Tisha! So we get talking to her, And she is crazy! In her dark room, she has a round table and she has it right in the middle of her room. She just walks circles around it... Anyways, we get talking and I say "So I’m glad we finally met. Now we can be better friends." And she responded with a weird like happy grunt like "Ohhhhh yeah??" and I was like "Woah woah.. Just friends!" and she responds with a disappointed sad grunt.. I didn’t think much of it at the time. I then asked her Who the man was that was picking her up the last time we saw her?? She Responds and tell us she really didn’t know who the man was. Well at this point it finally kicks in. She is a freaking prostitute! So we walk slowly past her door and we haul butt up the next flight of stairs. We run into Rays door and we lock it! So we ask Ray about her and he tells us that she is a street walker. Which means she walks around the streets looking for men to sleep with! Ray then tells us, that there is also a man (Whom I have met and shook hands with) That is a gay Prostitute.. They have those?!?!  It was just super weird because this lady wanted everything I owned. haha
      The miracle side of it was 2 different days this week we saw 2 different cars that were broken down on the side of the road. We stopped for both and helped them. We also gained 2 new investigators! They both accepted a Book Of Mormon! It was crazy that on 2 separate days this week we found 2 different cars broken down. And now they are our investigators! lol The lord puts us in the right place at the right time!! 
So about the pictures! One family, Is the Bishop family! His name is Don Bishop and they are in our ward! His wife in that picture has parents in Evanston that substituted my seminary class! It’s pretty crazy! I will have to get the names of her parents again. I can’t remember! The other family is our investigators! Daniel and Angelique!

    I just finished the Book Of Mormon for the first time on my mission. My testimony of Christ power and divinity grows stronger and stronger each time I read. I love the book so much. I read it so much that I usually take it in the bathroom with me when I have to sit on the john... hahaha awkward I know. But revelation comes in weird ways sometimes right?! ;)

      Well Thanks for the prayers and the packages and the support you all send me daily


                                                                               Love, Elder Welling!







No comments:

Post a Comment