Monday, December 4, 2017

A Crazy Week!

     Well this last week was a crazy one! I’m glad you all enjoyed my letter and I love Ray!  Ray has a pretty hard life to live!! He has been trying to get anything he can! He has now been to church 2 times and loves it so much! We have 8 investigators ready to be baptized and 5 on date!
The reason I say this week has been a crazy one is because of transfers... Elder Fitzgerald is sadly getting transferred to Jones Falls, which is the out skirts of Baltimore. He is kind of nervous and kind of sad to leave. Then, we got news that The Cumberland sisters will be completely taken out of Cumberland! So now it will just be 2 elders in the huge Cumberland area. Then we get a call from the assistants and they asked me if I would train a new missionary! So I guess I’m training a new guy in the exact same area I was trained in! It was crazy to hear. I’m excited but also nervous and sad about Elder Fitzgerald and the sisters leaving me. We are all best friends and we get along so well. But we get all of the Sisters investigators! haha They have made the last transfer so much fun for me. 
      Elder Fitzgerald loved the package and he loved the sock and letter you sent him!! He says that I have a very nice family and that he loves you all! I received the Christmas tree and all the ornaments and I loved it!! The packages where we are at don’t usually get stolen. We live outside of Cumberland where nobody can really see us haha so I think the packages will be good!
     This last Sunday we had 4 investigators at church and we now have 8 investigators ready for baptism and 5 on date to be baptized! Working in Cumberland with Elder Fitz has been a blast. We work but also know how to have fun while doing it! 
       I put the little Christmas tree up as well! And I love the sweaters!! I have been wearing them when it is really cold!! This last week We were talking to a catholic guy on the street, and after our talk he shook Elder Fitzgeralds hand, but when he shook it he didn’t let go for like 30 seconds. So when the guy let go I went to shake his hand. He grabbed my hand tightly and held it for 30 seconds. Then he looked at the top of my hand really close to his face and began to tighten his grip. He then looked up and yanked my harm, pulling me in towards him. I legit had to pull my hand and arm away from this guy and I was just like what the heck man?! So I just walked away and he was still trying to talk to me. I felt bad but the guy freaking creeped me out! 
       Nothing else is happening out here at the moment. I have to go to Columbia on Wednesday to big up my new son!! (Trainee) Elder Fitzgerald is my dad and Im Elder Fitz son. Which means Elder Fitz is now a grandpa!! He was pretty happy about that! 
       Im also super excited for Christmas!! I can’t wait to see all of your faces and be able to talk to you again!! It’s going to be the best thing ever!

   I love ya all and pray for you and your safety each day. I will talk to you next week. Love ya!


                                         Love, Elder Welling!




















No comments:

Post a Comment