Monday, June 11, 2018

Service, Stray Cats and Cowboys


Hey All

This week has been much better!! The Lord definitely gives us sour experiences so that we may appreciate the sweet ones he gives us each day. I learned so much last week from it and I can't be more thankful. 

We haven't had any run in with anymore bashers luckily. I wouldn't be able to keep my cool. I told some members up here in Romney that I wanted to punch a wall I was so angry and I don't want to be that mad again. Haha

This week we had a killer week! We picked up 3 new investigators and it was awesome and even had one show up to Sacrament! So that's was super cool to see.  Some were on the very outskirts of our area wayyyyyyy back in the hills of West Virginia.. Haha it was wild. You see something new in the back hills of West Virginia every single day. Haha it's actually quite entertaining!

I can't begin to tell you how much this area has blessed my life. I have seriously learned so much here. It has taught me so much and it has been amazing. The love I have grown for the branch grows every week. Romney may be small, but it will have a big place in my heart the rest of my mission.

My finger still hurts.. Haha I drilled into the nail to release all the pressure. And all the blood can out! Haha it was quite nasty. But it felt amazing. Haha

I can officially make my own ties now! An elder in my district showed me how to make them and so I cut up an old shirt that was in our trailer and made a tie out of it and I think it actually looks pretty dang good! I will send a Pic of it.

This last week we actually had a dude legit walk pretty much into our trailer and ask us for money. I was cooking dinner and he knocked on the door. We open and he just walks in and asks if our church can pay his bills.. Haha we kindly said no. But then 4 different people asked throughout the week as well. 3 people asked In our trailer park and 2 others in a different trailer park.. Hahahahhahahaha it was so weird. We didn't have money to give them though. 

Well, a member of our branch we did service for this week gave us a Zucchini plant and some Green Bean plants.. So we took them home and planted them in front of our trailer.. Haha honestly wouldn't be surprised if our Zucchinis were stolen right off the plant here in the trailer park! Hahaha anyways I hope they grow good. I've never been good with this stuff.. So we will see!!

This last week Elder Munden and I saw 2 baby cats out in the rain. So we picked them up to get them out of the rain and took them into our trailer.. We fed them and let them dry off a bit. There was a little white one we named Robin.. And a little orange one we named Garfield! Unfortunately we are not allowed to have pets.. So we had to put them back that night. But it was fun while it lasted! Haha

Have a great week! Watch out for them tornados in Wyoming as well ;)

Love Elder Welling






























s

No comments:

Post a Comment