Monday, August 13, 2018

Wild Turn of Events


Well.. Wild turn of events over here in the East coast. 7 weeks ago, President Christiansen moved a ton of missionaries around to New areas so that President Mutumbo would not have to worry about anything coming in as a new president. Well.. President Mutumbo completely swapped everything around too. He changed so much this transfer. So we got the news last night that Elder Jackson and I are both being doubled out of Shrewsbury. And Sister Missionaries are coming back into the area. Which isn't anything new because Shrewsbury goes back and forth between elders and sisters. But I found out I will be now going to a place called Elizabethtown, Pennsylvania. So I will be just going across the Susquehanna River and I will still be in the same stake! Haha elder Jackson will be going to Bel Air Maryland next to Baltimore.

I'm sooooo sad I am leaving after only being here for 7 weeks. The ward is so awesome and I'm sad that we have an investigator on date and we will not be in the area.. The bright side is that I will still be in the same stake as I am now.

This was pretty unexpected. But I guess it will do. I wasn't too happy. A lot of missionaries aren’t happy from what I've heard. But you got to do what you got to do I guess! We will see what happens. My new companion is Elder Dixon. Not sure where he is from yet. But I will see Wednesday. I will still be a District Leader and my district is hugeeeee! We have 12 missionaries in it! Haha so I'm looking forward to that.

We still have Robbie on date for Baptism for August 25th.. So I am going to try and get to the Baptism that day. I'll be in the same stake and only an hour away so it won't be bad.

My new address is this:

123 Rouen Place
Elizabethtown, PA
17022

Well.. This past week we came in contact with a Motorcycle/ Biker gang church.. I'm pretty sure you have to own a Harley or some kind of motorcycle to become a member of this church.. I'm not quite sure where Jesus talks about owning a motorcycle and also being born of the water and the spirit in the Bible.. But I must have missed that part. Haha

We also got to go to a member of our wards wedding this past weekend!! Josh Stackhouse got married and it was so legit. We helped the family set up and everything and then they invited us to the wedding as well. I love the Stackhouses so much. They will for sure be a family that will be on my visit list when I come back to the mission. They are so cool. They had fireworks going off that evening and everything!! No worries though.. Elder Jackson and I took no part in lighting them off. We just observed. ;)

This week has been wild.. Haha I wasn't expecting a move like this to happen so suddenly. But I look forward to what the Lord has in store for me and our mission. It's been crazy to see the pace of President Mutumbo. The work is moving and so is our mission.. Haha and my hump day (year mark) is coming up this next week!! Holy cow!!!!! I hope you have a great week! I love and miss you!

Love, Elder Welling!
























No comments:

Post a Comment