Monday, August 6, 2018

Service, Zone Conference and Blue Crabs


Hello all,
How's everything going? Hopefully you enjoyed the reunion and everything went Fun. I really really liked the theme for the reunion! Hahahaha I'm sure everyone thought it was funny! I didn't even go and I thought it was. Haha

This week has been actually super good. We have done a lot of service this week and have spent a lot of time with some members here.

We had an amazing opportunity this week to go and eat Crabs at this place in our area named Capitan Bob's! It was awesome! They brought out a whole bowl of crabs and there was 4-5 blue crabs from the Chesapeake Bay! They were so flipping good! Now I am a firm believer that a person burns more calories picking apart a crab and cracking it open then they are eating and putting in their bodies from the crab hahaha. There isn't a ton of meat on the crabs, but the meat we did get was amazing! Haha I loved it and they put Old Bay all over it! It was sooooo good. Haha we even got to keep a nice little wooden mallet as a souvenir with the captain Bob's logo on it! So I will always remember that day.
We have an investigator named Robbie Will that we have been working with for quite some time now. He was an active member referal and he is a legit investigator. He knows it's all true and he comes to church all the time! Well this last week we had a super powerful lesson at the church on the Plan of Salvation and it was great. We invited him to be baptized on August 25, 2018 and he said yes!! So we will be looking forward to that!

Well this week with Zone Conference.. I sparked a new interest.. I am now interested in a little thing called Family History! Haha President Mutumbo is tye guy to put all the Family History Records on Technology in Africa! So he is a big deal! Haha so guess what his new focus is?! STRENGTHENING MEMBERS AND FAMILY HISTORY. Pretty legit right?! So this week we had a family History consultant come to our family History center in our church and teach us how to use it. It was so amazing to see all that you and other relatives have done for our family. I got to look at Grandpa Welling profile and look at the memories and pictures. I looked at Brad's and Susan's as well! It was so amazing. Thank you so much for the work you are doing and continue to do. I've finally realized how great and how precious of a work it is. These family members are waiting to be found! Thank you again for all you are doing for these people. 

During zone conference we also did an activity where our mission president wanted us to identify people from back home that we thought needed help. So I prayed about it and I will be writing you a letter about who came to my mind and you are the one to help them. Haha!
I got to say. I love this area just like I have loved all my others. I love the corn fields, the people, the ward and everything else about it. It never ceases to amaze me how true this church is. What a blessing it is to be a part of it

Other than that our week was full of service and being out in the hot and humid weather. It's rained a few times. But even when it rains it is hot and humid rain. Hahahaha anyways I hope you have a great week! I love and miss ya!

Love, Elder Welling!


























1 comment:

  1. Belief is the reason we go on a mission. It is the motive for preaching about Christ and sharing/Proclaiming his love. Faith is understanding we are children of God and our Heavenly Father. May the definition of faith bless you in life Faith is defined again and because faith has an inherent joy it gives us a solid foundation that we finally have the peace we have been searching for.

    "Many believer's feed themselves on what God hasn't done. When I dwell on what hasn't happened, I create the atmosphere for the spirit of offense to arise and to thrive. When I dwell on what hasn't happened, I legitimize unbelief. I live with a sense of justification, for not believing God.

    Faith in the purest sense is the ceasing of resistance. even when there's no physical evidence, when the other evidence is present. Not feeding ourselves on what God hasn't done Faith in it's purest form is the absence of resistance

    Heaven is a place where everyone is celebrated, some are more honored but everyone is celebrated. All men and all women shall be judged on the light which they have received. Heaven is a permissible culture. God's nature is eternally permissible. These statements protect us from credit.

    Faith in the purest sense is the ceasing of resistance, even when there's no physical evidence, when the other evidence is present. Not feeding ourselves on what God hasn't done. Faith in it's purest form is the absence of resistance. Faith doesn't deny a problems existence, it denies it's influence. He or she was someone whom aridity and desolation never disturbed for he or she had a deeply rooted, and a vigorous faith.

    Now we can act as we have always dreamed. Now we can act as we have always been. Now we can step into the light and gather the sunlight instead of blocking out our possibilities. Instead of blocking out our joy. Variety will bloom in/under the sun. We can show off our best, we can enjoy other people's gifts. We can blossom where we stand upon the joy that faith provides us. Upon the joy that faith inherently has, which blossoms the entire field of flowers"

    .https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDYaxabUfkA - The Definition of Faith

    ReplyDelete