Monday, July 30, 2018

Busy Busy Week


Holy cow.. I can't explain how weird and crazy it was to see pictures of you and Dad next to President and Sister Christiansen! And even Elder Palmer! It was so weird.  I love that kid.   It feels like they were just out here on the mission with us and then boom.. They are home taking pictures with my family! So crazy. I'm super happy you got to meet all 3 of them. I love them all so much and miss them already!!
Well.. At last.. I saw my first Amish person this week!! Haha I saw the horses and buggy and everything!! We were sitting there talking to a guy on his porch and one came trotting up the dirt road! Haha it was so cool to finally see one!
This week has been good. It's feels like we did a lot of work this week so that felt really good. We have been seeing a lot of members lately. President Mutumbo new focus is the members. So we have been working and working with the members. It's been pretty awesome.
This last week we ate dinner with a Jehovah’s Witness lady! Haha which was quite interesting. We went with some members and one of the members brought her sister who was a Jehovah’s Witness. This lady I swear was going off on how Jehovah’s witness was the truth.. Haha it was kind of awkward. It was also funny though because this ladies husband isn't a Jehovah’s witness and he thinks she is straight up crazy. Hahaha so it was funny.
Unfortunately.. Our really solid investigator named Don who was looking to get baptized dropped us this last week. And that one hurt. He texted us and said "We need to talk." so we kind of saw it coming. But then we got there and he dropped us like a rock. It was actually super sad. He knew it was all true. But his wife goes to a church where they believe baptism is not needed and it's by believing in Jesus Christ that you are saved. So he said he was trying to keep a happy marriage.

We found one new investigator and that was pretty cool! He is pretty interested in Baptism as well!
This last week we got to go up to Lancaster to a baptism that the sisters were having up there for a guy named Tyree.  We got to take one of our investigators up there named Robbie. A member drove us and Robbie up there and it was pretty legit.
I saw the Susquehanna river for the first time this week!  It was so legit.  I took some pictures.  We are going back sometime so I will take some better ones.  It’s so cool to think that Joseph Smith was baptized in that river.
Some nice ladies in our ward named Sister Inak and Sister Gast are taking us to get crab this week!!! I cannot wait and I even told them that my dad would be so excited when I told him that I was finally getting some crab from the Bay!! Hahahaha so it's happening this week!!! I'm stoked!
Well I hope you all have a great week and enjoy the reunion and camping! Have a great week! I love and miss ya!

Love, Elder Welling!


















No comments:

Post a Comment