Monday, July 23, 2018

Crazy Fast Week

Hey All!!

This week has been sooooo fast. It feels like I was just emailing you all yesterday. Elder Jackson and I are doing great and we are loving Pennsylvania. But we have noticed how fast the weeks have been going! Today marks 11 months out and it's crazy to think I will be half done in 30 days.. Haha

This week we found 2 new investigators and they are so cool. One is named Jennifer and we were knocking doors one day and a car driving by stopped and rolled down the window. A lady driving yelled at us and said to come up to her house at #212. So we did and she is legit. She came in contact with the church in the Dominican Republic and thought our church was awesome. So we talked to her for a bit and she wants to know more!
This last week we came across a man who had never really learned about God and Jesus Christ. He knew of them. But had no idea who or what they were. It was crazy coming across a man like this because out here in the east everyone has a church and everyone claims to be "saved".. So when I heard he didn’t know really anything about Jesus Christ it kind of shocked me. Haha but it's interesting how much the spirit can open a heart. He truly  wanted to know more about God and Jesus Christ. He wants to find them and build a relationship. We were so glad we knocked on his door! He is awesome.

The ward here is awesome. We did a little service project this last week called adopt a highway. And it was actually pretty fun. That's the first time I had ever done that! Haha we were all in our yellow Mormon helping Hands vests! Then that same day we had a ward Picnic!
I learned how to play a new game called "BUTT".. You have to juggle a soccer ball on your foot and pass it in the air to the others around you. It's like playing horse in basketball! Haha and if you lose, you have to bend over and touch your toes and then the winners get to kick the soccer ball at your butt! Haha it's like a big game of "Red Belly Rules" in ping pong as well! Haha unfortunately I ended up at the fence more times than I wanted.. But it was a pretty fun game. I love the ward here!
There is a family in our ward called the Rills. They have a little son named Seth that is 7 about to turn 8. So his parents wanted us to talk to him about some of the lessons and review some things. This little guy is so cool. Haha he wants to be baptized in the Susquehanna River and it's going to be so legit to get to watch him do that! He is a smart kid too! I can't wait for him to be able to do that. He is so excited.

No crazy stories this week other than some random dude flipping us off as we walked by.. Hahaha that was actually pretty funny.

This last week Elder Jackson and I have been able to teach a
lot of Restoration Lessons. And it never ceases to amaze me. When the angel Moroni came and visited Joseph Smith, Joseph Smith says this: "He called me by name, and said unto me that he was a messenger sent from the presence of God to me, and that his name was Moroni; that God had a work for me to do; and that my name should be had for good and evil among all nations, kindreds, and tongues, or that it should be both good and evil spoken of among all people."
The nation's of this earth know the name of Joseph Smith. Whether they know what he did or Not, They know his name. I am so privileged to be able to go door to door, street to street, and city to city declaring to people that I know Joseph Smith truly was and is a Prophet of God. I know without a doubt that he restored the true church of Jesus Christ. This church is so true. I do not care what others say about Joseph Smith.. Because I know all that he sacrificed, and all that he did just to bring back the True Gospel that would eventually bless and bring hope to millions and millions of people world wide. Being on a mission I have had many opportunities to hear what others may say and think about Joseph Smith. But the feelings I have had in my heart telling me that he truly was a Prophet of God will always over rule any doubt and disbelief. I cannot express how sad it makes me to see people stop believing in this church.. Because it's true! There is no questions about it. Joseph Smith was a Prophet of God and his name spreads throughout the entire world. This restored Gospel and Church has blessed my life as well as millions of others!!

Thanks for the emails and all that you do for me. It's always great to hear how the home life is going. I love and miss you! Thank again for all you do. Love ya!

Love, Elder Welling!





















No comments:

Post a Comment