Monday, September 24, 2018

Transfer Week......I am staying in Elizabethtown


Hey All,
How's it going?! It sounds like you all had quite the week. I'm sure it was hard and weird to be released from being a Bishop and all of that. It will be quite the change. But the new bishopric will be very good. All humble men.

Well we did get transfer news yesterday! I found out that I am staying in Elizabethtown, and Elder Dixon is going to Fredrick Maryland to be in a YSA! Haha so that will be new for him. I also found out that my new companion is from New Zealand! His name is Elder Moleni. So we will see how it goes. I am super excited to get going on this new transfer.

I got to go to Lancaster earlier this week again on a Spanish exchange with some elders in my district. I went With Elder White to Lancaster. Elder White actually goes home this Wednesday! He has been out for 24 months! Anyways the exchange was awesome. We talked to a lot of Spanish people! Haha once again I understood none of it so I stood there nodding my head and smiling. Haha Spanish people give you so much food though! Haha I got fed 3 different times in one day by 3 different families! They just keep handing you food. The best one of the night though was the Dominican food... So amazing. Haha I loved it and told Elder White that I am switching over to Spanish work now. Haha

We had Interviews with President Mutumbo this week and it was great as always to talk with him. He is an inspired man called by God. He has a new vison for our mission and he will take our mission leaps and bounds. There is a man that served as a mission president over in Africa named Brother Von Stetson. He knew President Mutumbo before he came here to America. And he told me that I would have to "Run to keep up with President Mutumbo" and boy.. That's is the truth. Haha

At the beginning of the transfer Elder Dixon told me that sometimes in middle of the night, without even knowing he does so, will scream. So he sleep screams.. Haha well the whole transfer he hadn’t done it yet. But then 2 weeks before the transfer ends, there I am, lying in bed fast asleep, and then I was awakened by the scariest scream I have ever heard in my life!! It scared me so bad that I was frozen stiff as a board! I had no idea what had just happened! I look over and Elder Dixon and he is still fast asleep! Haha it scared the heck out of me.

Well this coming week will be a busy one so I will have lots to report on next week! Thanks for the email! I love and miss you! Have a great week! Love ya!

Love, Elder Welling!








No comments:

Post a Comment