Monday, October 1, 2018

Great Week.... I am an Uncle


Hey All!!

I was so shocked when I got the pictures of the baby that day.. I didn't know what quite to think. I got home that night from doing all the missionary stuff and I opened up Facebook and boom.. There is Colton Holding a baby! Hahaha for a sec I was like what the heck?! But then I realized that it was his baby and that he is a dad now. Haha But the little guy is cute and I can't wait to meet him! I'm sure it's quite the feeling holding a grandchild. It's a special one for sure. But I'm an uncle now and that is WILD. I look forward to meeting the lil guy in 10 months! I'm so glad he is finally here. Haha I thought he was going to try and stay in for another month..

Anyways!! Update! This last Wednesday we headed to Columbia Maryland and Brother McBride drove 6 of us missionaries in this van and it was so cool. We dropped Elder Dixon off and he headed to the YSA. I picked up Elder Tane Moleni from Hamilton New Zealand!!! Yes.. He is taller than me. Yes he is stronger than me. Yes he played rugby. And yes he is a big dude. Haha his accent is so cool though! He loves to play sports and is just a good guy. I'm glad he and I are here in Elizabethtown together. We will have a legit transfer!! We will get along very well! 

We had a really good week! We have a person we are teaching here in Elizabethtown named Sarah and she is so solid. She wants to be baptized and she loves the church. We are planning on putting her on date for Baptism this week. So hopefully we have a baptism around Oct. 20th! She came to church yesterday and the ward did a great job fellowshipping her and loving her. The McBrides invited her to their house to watch General Conference so that was legit!!! Haha

General Conference is coming in 5 days and I am soooooo oooo oooo excited!!!! It's like a missionary superbowl!! Everyone has been saying how big it's going to be and how there’s a huge change coming.. One rumor I heard going around is that they are changing the mission times.. Now all missionaries male and female will serve for 18 months..? It's just a rumor. But I thought that was interesting. I guess we will see! 

The rain and storms have stopped here and now we are in a mix of weather.. Some days are hot. Some days I have to wear a sweater. Some days I need an umbrella. Some days I need a short sleeve shirt. It's different every day! Haha but you can tell fall is coming and I am so excited. Some of the leaves are already changing.

We also got to go and play basketball at the church this week with a bunch of Nonmembers that a member brings. And that was a lot of fun. We are going back this week and they have started asking little questions here and there about why we wear what we do and why we do what we do. So it's good!

Elizabethtown is going well.. I fixed my bike tire. I spent like an hour and a half trying to figure it out. Then when I thought I did, I began riding it down the street. Then when we are about a mile and a half away I look down and I see that it's sooooo flat again.. So I didn't even care. I just kept riding it flat. Haha I'm sure it wasn't good for the bike.. But I had had enough with it. Haha

I'm excited for all the holidays coming up this next 2 months! I can't believe it's already October! It feels like this year truly just started. Time has been flying so fast lately. In about two months I will be skyping you all again! Haha it feels like I just did that!

Well my week has been great and I have loved being a missionary this far on my mission. It has been the greatest opportunity and blessing in my life. This Church is so true and I am so glad that I get to be the one to tell the world out here in PA and Maryland!!

I hope everything continues to go well with the new baby and all. He's a cute lil guy! Can't wait to meet him! Have a great week and I love and miss you!

Love, Elder Welling














No comments:

Post a Comment