Monday, October 8, 2018

Grateful to be a Missionary!!!


Hey All!!

This week I am especially grateful for the amazing opportunity I have to go to all the world and declare the good news as a missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints! The good news is that The Gospel of Jesus Christ has been restored in its fullness and that there is a Prophet of God walking the earth today. And he truly is a Prophet. In just 9 months and 21 days of President Russell M. Nelson being the president of The Church, he has announced 19 new Temples, traveled the world, had 2 world wide broadcasts and has moved The Church of Jesus Christ in the direction that The Lord wants. What a Prophet! This past weekend of general conference has truly been something that I have needed. As you. May have noticed, they focused alot of The Gospel of Jesus Christ, And how to strengthen our testimonies and conversion to the Redeemer. They taught small and simple restored Truths, and if we live these small and simple Truths, great things shall come to pass. This weekend proved to me and to the World that Jesus Christ stands at the head of this church in Glory. What a blessing it is to be a part of the Lord's true Church in the Earth today.

This week has been quite busy and successful! We had an amazing lesson with Sarah and Latif this last week and the spirit was radiating throughout the room. As we talked about obedience to the Lord and how that encompasses following his Gospel, the spirit taught us all that Baptism is essential to qualify for eternal life in the world to come. We read 2 Nephi 31 and talked about Faith, Repentance, baptism, receiving the Gift of the Holy Ghost, and enduring to the end. As we did so, the spirit confirmed to them that they needed to be baptized into the True Church of Christ. It was a miracle to see and truly strengthened my testimony of the Restored Gospel.

Instead of me popping my bike tire this week.. It was Elder Moleni who popped his! Haha so we are in the process of trying to fix his bike.

This week while finding new places within our area to work and tract, we decided to go to a place called Bainbridge Pennsylvania. This little town of Bainbridge sits right on the banks of the Susquehanna River. The very river where Joseph Smith the Prophet was baptized. It's a beautiful river!
(I sent pics of me by it)
But as we were walking the streets of Bainbridge next to the river, a man and a woman got out of a little yellow car and approached us asking if we were "Mormons" we said no we are not "Mormon" and then stated the name of The Church. The man then proceeds to say that he has studied our religion alot and knows also about us, (He must not have studied us that hard because of what he is about to do..) and he asks if we would be willing to take part in an experiment of his. We agree. He the says: "Well just so you know, I'm a born again Christian, so that tells you where I am at." He then in a voice of sarcasm and warning says: "I am going to perform a miracle on you in the name of Jesus, not Mormon. Is that okay with you?" We completely agreed and explained that we worship Jesus Christ and not Mormon. He seemed quite shocked.. Anyways we takes us over to a bench that was overlooking the river. He asks:" Do either of you 2 have lower back pain?" both Elder Moleni and I shook our heads with a No.. He then chooses Elder Moleni to sit down. He grabs Elder Molenis legs and stretched them out straight in front of him and compares elder Molenis 2 legs in length. He then tries to convince us that one of Elder Molenis legs is longer than the other. Neither I or Elder Moleni could see it.. Haha anyways we played along and the man said "Well put your hand on your right knee.." Elder Moleni did so and then the man said "I'm the name of Jesus Be healed..". Elder Moleni stands up and notices no difference in his leg.. The man then sarcastically says "Now that happened because the Jesus I worship can perform miracles. The name of Mormon can do no such thing." he then beckons me to come and sit. I say "Nahhhhhhh I'm good man." and I try to tell him that we worship Jesus Christ not Mormon. He just laughs and says "Well do you want a miracle to be done on you?" I once again say No and say: "Your miracle didn't even work on him. There is no difference in his leg length. And there was nothing wrong with his legs to begin with." the man turns to Elder Moleni and asks him if he felt a difference, and Elder Moleni says: "Well to be honest I really don't feel a difference at all." it was actually super funny to see the man's face when we told him this. He was being pretty snobby about his miracle so we put him in his place with it. Haha but Elder Moleni was Healed! ;) lol

This week as we found new places in our areas to go we found 3 new people to teach and all of them are solid! Each claiming to need help in their life for something! It was so cool to see.

As I sat and watched conference and saw the Prophet and Apostles speak to the world, one thing that stuck out to me was how important and vital our families are and how important it is to keep them safe. Yes as the church grows and grows in strength, the adversary does the same. And we have a Prophet and apostles who has foreseen that and have told us how we can overcome that and keep our families safe from the stain on the world. This conference actually put into perspective for me how I want and should raise my family to help my family be safe and successful in the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Families are truly ordained of God and he is working at 24 hours a day to keep them safe from the adversary.

Well thank you for the email and for letting me know what's going on in your lives. Thanks for the package also! I will tell Katie thank you as well! But I loved it! Elder Moleni eyes when I opened it got huggeeeeeeee. Haha anyways have a great week! I love and miss you!

Love, Elder Welling! 





















No comments:

Post a Comment