Monday, October 29, 2018

ASL and Upcoming Baptism


Hey All!!

My week has been great! We have been super busy and I feel like we haven't even had time to sit down and rest. It is always a lot better when it is like that. Haha but this week too has flown!

The ASL learning has been going great. This week we have been expanding our vocabulary and been learning a bit of everything. We have been focusing on the first vision and gospel terms. But we have been learning how to hold a conversation as well. It has been going great! Its coming along! I am loving it and can't wait till I can actually talk fluently in Sign language. Haha   I'm also trying not to get frustrated with it. Sometimes it's hard to learn each sign for each word and remember it all. But it's coming along and I am remembering it as it comes. Line upon line, precept upon Precept ;) but I have loved learning. What scares me is that I won't be proficient enough by the time I come home In 10 months. But we will see. Haha pray for E. Welling to get it haha
My week has been great and I have loved being a District Leader and learn ASL at the same time. It keeps me busy and the time just keeps ticking down and down. My companion informed me this week that I only have 43 more weeks on my mission.. That's not a lot! Like Holy cow! TIME IS FLYING.

It has been getting pretty cold out here on the East Coast. I'm not too excited about the coming months because of the cold weather.. But the work goes forward whether it's cold, hot or blizzard. Haha

We went over to Sarah's house this last week and watched the Joseph Smith movie with her and her family and it was sooo cool! My testimony of Jesus Christ and His call to the Prophet Joseph Smith grow every time I learn about The Restoration of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. It is so real and so true! 

I myself am super excited for this coming Saturday. I love the opportunity that I have every time someone asks me to Baptize them! The feeling of standing in a font with someone you have been working with is like no other. Sarah is still on track to be baptized this coming Saturday and she still wants me to be the one to do it I guess so it's still on! Haha I am so excited and I can't wait to experience it all again! I love seeing people be baptized! There is no feeling like it in the world. It is peculiar and special in its own way. I love it. To see some repent and change their entire life just to follow Jesus Christ is the biggest miracle I have seen on my mission. The love the Savior has for each of them is apparent as they change and become better and enter into the waters of Baptism to make their first Covenant with our Heavenly Father. This Church is true. There is no doubt in my mind. Times like these make everything that is hard about a mission worth it. I love Sarah and am so excited for her.
Our ward had a trunk or treat this week and that was fun to just see everyone dressed up! We also had the baptism Interview with Sarah that day and everything went great with that! 

Well my week has been great and fast and I look forward to the coming week. I have loved being here in E-Town and we will find out if I leave or stay this coming Sunday. I have learned so much here and my testimony has grown leaps and bounds. I am hoping to stay one more transfer here. But we will see. It's hard sometimes but that's when we learn! If it was easy we wouldn't learn to much would we? But thank goodness the Lord expects us to grow Thanks for all you do! I love and miss you!

Love, Elder Welling! 















No comments:

Post a Comment