Monday, October 22, 2018

Great Week in Teaching and Learning ASL


Well it sounds like you all had quite the week while all the guys were hunting! A busy week that is for sure. I miss the hunting week, it was always my favorite time of the year. But I will be there next year and it will all be good!

My week has been a really fast and good one. It seriously feels like Mondays come every other day. The week has flown again. But my week has been good!!

Sarah has been doing amazing. She has made so many improvements and she wants to be baptized so bad! She has her interview this week and she already has a white jump suit that fits her ready to go! We sat her down this week and asked her who she wanted to do the different parts of her program for her baptism. Such as the prayers, talks, who will Baptize her and who will confirm her. She decided that she would like me to Baptize her and have Brother McBride confirm her! I was so excited and happy when she asked me to Baptize her. I am so excited to be able to Baptize Sarah! She is so ready for this next step. The joy that comes from this work and the blessings and miracles that come are amazing to see. These experiences have changed my life and will continue to do so.

We have had a lot of opportunities to learn ASL this week! We have 30 minute Skype lessons every other day with the sisters, and then we have two 1 hour sessions throughout the week face to face to learn ASL! It has been going very well. My companion and I already know a lot and if we do come in contact with a deaf person we would be able to talk about the basics. Haha we are for sure not proficient yet.. But we know our names, how to introduce ourselves as missionaries, we know how to sign the churches name and we know the gospel terms. It's been so cool to learn. Elder Moleni and I are having a good Ole Time throughout the day because we can randomly sign things to each other and not have to say anything at all. Hahaha it's pretty sneaky.

We started off the week by going out this week and trying to find some new people to teach! This week we found 3 new investigators. We found Ethan, Jazmine, and Alyssa! They are all awesome and we look forward to helping them come closer to Jesus Christ!

Elizabethtown has been great my Fam! I'm hoping I stay another so that I can keep working with the people we have found. But elder Moleni is awesome, the ward is awesome and I love the members here! So I'm hoping to stay another!

Thanks for all you do! I love and miss you and hope everything continues to go well at home. Have a great week! Love ya!

Love, Elder Welling!














No comments:

Post a Comment