Wednesday, October 17, 2018

Missing Hunting Camp and Some Big News


Well dang.. Hello from Freaking Elizabethtown Pennsylvania! I know.. It's not Bondurant.. But it's the best I got. Hahaha man do I miss that place! It's for sure my favorite on earth. Gods love for mankind is manifest there where we go each year. We get to observe and see His creations. We can obviously tell that He loves his children. On October 13th, all I could think about was all you guys waking up early, getting your hunting clothes on, and heading up to camp. I was trunky! Hahaha anyways send me some pics if you can! . And if you can't do Google hangouts today I understand! I'm sure you are all enjoying yourselves. Tell everyone hi for me! And tell them sorry Im not there to give them all a back rub.. Hahahaha
Anyways..!! . It's been a wild week. And when I say that I am not joking. Haha what happened this week will not only change my mission, but my life! This last week we had Zone Conference in York Pennsylvania. It was super good. We talked all about the Gathering of Israel and the important piece that we play in it...... BIG CHANGES: ..... Afterwards Elder Moleni and I were pulled aside and told that President Mutumbo had been praying alot about this and he had decided to change our assignments from English Elders to American Sign Language Elders! Now.. There have never ever been ASL elders in our mission. Usually only sisters are ASL in our mission. But President felt strongly that we needed ASL elders and so he chose 6 elders in our mission, one of which is Elder Munden one of my last companions! I hope we end up together again. Now I know the entire alphabet and this Tuesday is my first official lesson of ASL. There is a sister Missionary here in Etown named Sister York and she will be teaching us ASL. What a change!!! I wasn't expecting this. Haha so I am excited for the change and will look forward to what I am able to learn. But now Elder Welling is an ASL Elder! No worries.. I will still be teaching English people as well.. Haha but we now have opened our options up to American Sign Language. What a skill it will be to have for the rest of my life. I will not be praying for the Gift of to tongues.. No, I will be praying for the Gift of Hands! Haha I'm still in shock of the news myself. The cool thing is I get a new name tags so I will have to send you pics when they get here!

We have been working with Sarah alot lately and this week she decided that she is going to be baptized on November 3rd, 2018!! That will be the last Saturday of this transfer so thankfully I will be here for it. I am so excited for her to be baptized. She is so ready and she has been so prepared by The Lord to recieve His Gospel. It has been amazing to watch. We are going over there Tuesday to her house and her Husband Latif is going to be making us Turkish food! That is where he is from. So I'm sure it's gonna be awesome!
I know hunting camp is a lot different without Brad and Grandpa Welling. But if we could only see the work they were doing on the other side we would just cry and cry. Grandpa Welling is probably pretty dang busy over there but I bet they both took some time off to come and chill with all you guys around that camp fire ;)
Love, Elder Welling!

Fear not.. For we fixed Elder Moleni bike tire and we are on bikes again Instead of foot. My legs have been taking a beating with the walking we had to do when we did t have the car last week. But it builds character ;)
Earlier this week we helped our bishop here in the Etown Ward, Bishop Bushey, recreate his little river/waterfall behind his house. It was destroyed by all the flooding that has taken place this last year. But we remade it and it was honesty one of the funnest service projects I have had on my mission! Haha we directed water every which way. The cool thing about the East coast is anywhere you go that there is a hill, you can guarantee that there will be a little waterfall and creek flowing from it. The east coast is beautiful. 

Well my week has been great and very eventful. The leaves are falling off the trees and it is getting colder as we speak. This is My last fall on the east coast which is weird.. But my week has been really good and I am doing really good! Thanks for the email!  Have a great time up there! I miss and love it! Take some pics! Have a great week up there!  I'm sure all the Welling women will have a good time as well while all the men are gone for a week! Haha I love and miss you all!

Love, Elder Welling

No comments:

Post a Comment