Monday, November 5, 2018

Baptism and Being Transferred


Hey All,
Sounds like everyone is ready for the elections to be over and for everything to settle down. I would be happy for it to be over too! I'm glad everyone is doing well and are enjoying life!

Well.. What a week! It's had its ups and downs.. But it has been more good than bad. To start off the week we found 6 new Investigators this week! Elder Moleni and I were killing it!! They are all so cool and we just need to get back to them and teach them.

Then the time I have been waiting for since I got to Elizabethtown finally came! Last Saturday, November 3, we got to the church at about 8:00 and started filling the Baptismal Font. Then at about 10:00 I got changed in to my white clothing and so did Sarah. At 10:30 we started the baptismal Service and it was so amazing! Elder Moleni gave a baptismal talk, brother McBride gave the Holy Ghost Talk, and I had the amazing opportunity to Baptize Sarah! We got into the Font and it was the best feeling ever. I raised my arm, and said the words and then immersed her into the waters of Baptism. She came out of the water and stood there and looked at me for a second and then she just started to cry tears of joy. She pulled me in and embraced me with a hug. It was one of the best experiences I have had on my mission. The spirit of God was upon all Of Us present. To see her happiness and her tears of joy rolling down her face meant the world to me. Later, when Brother McBride confirmed her a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, and conferred upon her the Gift of the Holy Ghost, I looked down at her face as I stood in the circle and when Brother McBride said "Receive the Holy Ghost", tears and tears streamed down her face. What a blessing it was to see this! My joy and happiness were full. To see someone as prepared as Sarah was and is changed my life. Her family is amazing and hopefully in a coming day her husband and daughter will join this True Church.

Then after the baptism that day President Mutumbo has been trying a new thing called a Zone Blitz. That's where the entire zone will Meet in an area and work that area the entire day! It was really cool. Our zone went and worked York PA all day and it was awesome.

Then later that night we received an email from President Mutumbo with all of the transfer details.. I found out that I will be getting transferred out of Elizabethtown this coming Wednesday and I will be heading back over to place called Luray Virginia. It too is a small little branch in the same stake that Romney was in. I wasn't sure how I feel about leaving yet. I am sad to leave all the people that I love in E-Town.. But we will see how it goes. I guess I am headed back to the Branch life! I'm pretty sure Luray has a smaller branch than Romney though.. Luray was a shutdown area the entire time I was in Romney. It was just barely opened up about a transfer or so ago and hasn't had missionaries back in it for a little while. So here is my new Address:

300 1st Street,
Luray VA,
22835

Anyways my week has been busy, spiritual, and crazy and stressful all at the same time. Not sure how I feel. About the changes that gave been made.. But we will trust that it all works out for the better. I love and miss ya and hope everything continues to go well. And I hope elections go your way. I love and miss you!

Love, Elder Welling!
























No comments:

Post a Comment