Monday, November 12, 2018

First week in Luray

Hey All!!

What a week of CHANGE!! I guess the Lord just wants to keep me in the Branch life. I served 4-5ish months in the Romney West Virginia Branch and I loved the people there so much. And then 4 months later The Lord calls me to the Luray Virginia Branch which is in the exact same stake that Romney is! Serving in a branch allows you to learn and grow so much. I am so thankful for the opportunities that I have been given to see and observe these branches.

First off, just one week ago Sarah Sedefoglu was Baptized in Elizabethtown PA. Just this last Saturday after I had left E-Town she went to the Philadelphia Temple and was baptized for her family!! I messaged her and asked her how it was and she said "Oh it was Beautiful!" it made me so happy to see that she was in the temple doing work for her family that has passed on. So amazing!!

I was brought all the way over to Virginia from Pennsylvania by The McBrides! I was so thankful that they were so willing to drive me clear over to Virginia. It was quite a trek for them, it was a 4 hour drive there and back. If there is one word that describes the McBride family it would be the Word: "Servant". They truly are the Lord's Servants! I learned so much from there great example on how to serve Jesus Christ and our Heavenly Father's Children. This family serves the Lord and it is amazing. They are Great people that I will never forget and will for sure come back and visit! I love the McBride Family!

I was dropped off in Virginia on Tuesday the 6th of November and I came to Luray and was then with my new companion Elder Jacob Jex! He is from Redlands California and he is a track guy. He has been out for about 6 weeks longer than me and we are still trying to figure the area out. It's a different area. But I think it will be a really good companionship!

My second day here in Luray, Elder Jex and I were walking around and all of the sudden I started to feel very very sick and dizzy. The whole day I felt like I was going to puke. Finally I told Elder Jex that we needed to stop at the church because I was going to puke. After a stop at the church we walked all the way Home. As soon as I got home I puked off and on for an hour straight. I then tried to drink some water. I started feeling a little better so we decided that we could go out and continue working to finish the night off. We drive about 15 miles away from home and then it hits again.. The only thing in the general area to go puke is Burger King.. So I ran in and used the bathroom real fast.. Not too sure why I was sick. But I feel great right now! Hahaha great way to start off the transfer I guess! Haha

The branch here is not too similar to Romney. It's smaller and the building is an old eye doctor place. We don't have our own building here and it's pretty small. We have about 12-15 active every week. So it will be interesting! Luray has about 4000 people in it and it has been good so far! The weather is getting sooo cold here and I'm not sure how I feel about it!

This last week we have been meeting with a good friend of ours named Audre King! He is a part time Pentecostal pastor. He invites us to his Bible study every week at his church and we go. It was interesting! Haha I will be writing about this in my weekly hand written letter home.. So stay tuned. Haha

Learning sign language has been going alright. We texted President Mutumbo about how I am supposed to continue learning ASL. And he said he would get back to us. But elder Jex has been helping me study and it has been going great! I learned a lot this week on my own and I have loved it.

The first week I was here in Luray we asked EVERYONE if they knew some deaf people here in Luray and they said that they have some deaf people here! Now we just got to find them. Haha

So last week I gave you the almost correct address.. Haha so here is the completely right address:

300 1st Street.
Apartment E
Luray VA, 22835

I hope you have a great week! I love and miss you!

Love, Elder Welling




























No comments:

Post a Comment