Monday, November 19, 2018

Great Week and Happy Thanksgiving


Hey All!!

I am so glad that you all got to go to Elder Fitzgerald homecoming! I know that he was excited to meet you and I'm happy you all got to meet him! I love the kid and was blessed to have him has my trainer. I'm sure he gave a great talk and I'm sure it was cool seeing the Taylor Family as well!! They are a legit family and I miss seeing them!

This week has been so good! It has been a super busy week. We had interviews with President, and a lot of knocking on doors! Haha earlier this week we were in a member’s home and were talking with them. We started talking about how I was now an ASL elder and how we were looking for some deaf people to teach! Then Sister Stanley tells us that she knows a deaf guy and then tells us how we can go and find him. I was sooooo excited! Then about 2 days later, we were sitting and eating lunch in Taco Bell. I looked up from eating and saw a man across the room eating his food. I kept eating and talking to Elder Jex and didn't think much of it. Well, I looked at him again, and this time he was trying to say something to me, but wasn't speaking. He was using his hands!!! So I got up and walked over to him and started talking to this man in Sign language.. With the little I know. Haha anyways he wasn't interested in learning about Jesus Christ or the Church. But it was so cool to find him there. Then later that day we decided we would walk into a gas station and get a drink. We walk in and notice that the cashier at the counter cannot speak and has to write things down for the people buying items! Instantly my heart dropped again because I knew I had to say something but was so scared to give it another shot.so I walk up to him and ask if he speaks ASL and asked him if he could teach me some. He said he only knows a little bit of ASL because he is from Nepali.. So he speaks NSL. So that was disappointing.. BUT, he said he has a friend in Luray who speaks ASL and can teach me! So in one day we came in contact with 3 deaf people! It was pretty cool. But also reminded me how little I know.. Haha

This week also has been great for us in other aspects of the work. We found 6 new Investigators this week, which in the East coast doesn't happen too much! Haha 5 of them were found by knocking doors and street contacting. But 1 of them was a Part Member family and it was so awesome!

It also snowed for the first time of the year out here last week and we got to break out our snow gear and everything! So we went outside and had a good time shoveling out our neighbors and talking with them. Great people.

This week we also got a new branch president which was super unexpected. Haha but the whole stake presidency showed up and reorganized the entire branch is what it felt like. So we are looking forward to seeing what will happen with the new guy.

Some things that were said to me this week that were so simple, but so true and profound. This man said:
"If you will do something each and every day to strengthen your testimony, you will never lose it."
He also went on to say:
"You will live a happier life, with fewer regrets, if you live the Gospel of Jesus Christ."

Anyways the week has been busy and I have loved being a missionary. I have been blessed to have this opportunity to serve!

I love and miss you. Thanks for all you do for me! I hope you allhave a great Thanksgiving this week! Love ya!

Love, Elder Welling!






























No comments:

Post a Comment