Tuesday, September 4, 2018

Water from No Where


Hey All!!

I hope you enjoyed the Labor day weekend. It was always the best in Evanston. But guess what?! This was my last Labor day on my mission. It's so weird starting to go through all the holidays and things a second time on my mission!

This week hasn't been anything huge. Haha we had Zone Conference on Tuesday of last week and it was super good. It was all based off of what President Nelson came out and said the other week. How we need to Call ourselves The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. And so it was all focused on Jesus Christ and how important that is!

This last week... It was blazing hot.. Like Flippin hot. And we were walking around in the 99 degree weather mixed in with some high humidity and I felt like I was gonna pass out. I didn't have any water and hadn't had any in quite some time. So we continued to walk and walk and I turn to Elder Dixon and say "Man it would be a tender Mercy from the Lord if someone gave us some water." not even 2 minutes later
, rain starts to down pour.. Haha now, there was no dark clouds or rainy weather that day. But after I said that it started to RAIN! It was super cool. And we thought it was pretty funny. It rained on us for about 20 minutes. The rain was cold and it drenched us. But it felt amazing and surely was a tender Mercy from the Lord. Haha the rain clouds came from no where.

We celebrated our Labor day with some members named the McBrides. They are the same members that took us to the fair and all of that. They are super awesome and I love their family! They had some ward members over last night for a party and we got to spend some time with all of them as well! I even got to play some spike ball for the first time in a year ;)

Elizabethtown is going great. I love the members and it's so beautiful here in this area. The hard part is getting people to talk to us about anything here. Haha people here just don't like to talk to 2 white guys in a shirt and tie for some reason.. I can't really figure out why. ;) but I'm starting to love it and starting to embrace the bike life! Haha

This last week there was a man who called us and said his name was Larry. He told us where he lived and said he would like to see us. So we headed to his place and sat down with him. He told us he was a member and he had been less active since 1970. He told us his entire life story and all he had done and all he had regretted. He told us all of the mistakes he has made and how he had gotten to the point he was at in his life. It actually kind of made me tear up. This guy has had it rough! His whole family abandoned him and now hates him and much much more. But he finally told us this: "Boys, I let go of the Iron Rod years and years ago. But I need you 2 to help me find it again. And to help me find Jesus Christ again." so we 
gave him a Blessing and we told him we could surely do that. We had him read Enos and we are going back this week to meet with him some more! It was so cool but super sad at the same time.

There was also a family who fed us this last week. They fed us dinner and they had a nonmember there. So we stayed a little later with them and played some games with them and got To Know them all. We played "Things" and it reminded me of all the good times our family has had playing that game! Haha it was so funny!

And also for the record.. I'm pretty sure I moved the heaviest mattress in the world this past week. This thing has to be at least 250-300 pounds or more haha. It was insanely heavy and we couldn't even pick it up with 3 men. It was crazy! But no worries.. We got t
he job done and the bed moved. Slowly but surely it was done. Haha

Love, Elder Welling!































No comments:

Post a Comment