Tuesday, February 19, 2019

Many Miracles


Hey All!!

What a week of miracles and blessings I have witnessed. To start off, we all witnessed one of the biggest changes ever to the missionary work in quite a while! I was studying American Sign Language on Thursday the 16th and I received a message From Elder Munden. In the message was a link. I clicked on it and it took me to Mormon Newsroom. And then I read the announcement and I almost fell off my chair.. I couldn't believe it. I thought it was a joke!! But as you all know, missionaries are now allowed to call home, Skype home, or text home each week! As you all know, members everywhere in the world either endorsed the announcement and change, or they disagreed and spoke out against the change. I for one support this change 100%. This is going to bless sooooo many missionaries life. Don't doubt this change at all! I trust with my whole heart that Jesus Christ instructed President Nelson to make this change. Here is why I believe it was made. Missionaries all over the world struggle with many many things while serving. Some struggle with depression. Some struggle with anxiety. Some struggle with Homesickness. Other struggle with things that they tell no one about. I believe that The Lord instructed this change because a weekly call home to the people you love will encourage, bless, and strengthen the missionary. I know that when I was very young in the mission, and I was struggling with the early months of homesickness, a weekly call home would have strengthened me tremendously. Members everywhere doubted this change saying: Missionaries these days are weak. “When I was on my mission all we had was email and letters”. My answer to these is simple: "believe that [God] has all wisdom, and all power, both in heaven and in earth; believe that man doth not comprehend all the things which the Lord can comprehend." Members of the church as well as missionaries do not understand all that God can see and understand. So trust that it came from Him!! There is a reason for everything. For this big of a change, there is obviously a reason. Trust in God, and trust in His called servants, the Prophets. I love this change and look forward to implementing it into my mission. What a blessing this will be for thousands and thousands of missionaries.

This week we have had so many miracles. We have seen so many tender mercies from The Lord. This week we had just finished our branch missionary correlation meeting with the branch mission leader. It was about 8pm and we had nothing going for us. So we thought about it and came to the conclusion to go to some apartments in Luray. I was hesitant to do this because I had knocked a lot of them, and I knew the elders before me knocked them all. But a few weeks ago, the stake president here in Virginia said to us missionaries: We must fish where we have already fished and The Lord will show us that there are fish there. So we trusted this statement. We walk up the apartment stairs and knock on the very first apartment. A young man in his late 20's maybe early 30's opens the door and without a second thought says in excitement: "Come in!" this took us back a little bit because people rarely tell us to Come right on into their homes.. Haha we sat down with him and his wife and talked with them. They have 2 little children. As we talked with them they told us that they have been looking for God and that they want to know that He is there. So we started teaching them both the Doctrine of The God head. Now, the wife grew up Baptist and grew up learning about the Trinity. As soon as we taught that God The Father and His Son Jesus Christ are two separate beings with bodies of flesh and bones they said "That makes so much more sense!!" we then taught the entire restoration lesson and they loved every single part of it. We told them if they wanted to get nearer to God, to read The Book of Mormon Every single day. At the end of the lesson, the man stands up and says: "Alright, I'm gonna pray. Show me how to do it!" (He had never prayed before in his life.) we were blown away. This family is so elect. They even told us that they would like to be baptized. It was a miracle in Luray.

Another day this week we were teaching our good friends Mark and Laura. We decided to teach them The Plan of Salvation and focus on our earth life. We read 3 Nephi 27 and talked about what God required of us while living in earth. We then taught them about the spirit world and the degrees of Glory. They loved it!! Afterwards we invited them to be Baptized and both said YES!!

This week has truly been amazing to see. I hit 18 months this week and that is so crazy. Time is flying and the weeks just keep coming and flying by. I love this gospel and know that it has been restored to bless all of our lives.

I love and miss you. Thanks for all you do for me! have a great week!!

Love, Elder Welling!










No comments:

Post a Comment