Monday, February 5, 2018

Baptism and New Investigators

Well how’s everything going??  There are days when it feels like the mission has gone by super-fast. But then there are days when it feels like I have been out for years! But I have almost been out 6 months! I’m just happy I’m not the "new" missionary anymore! Lol
          Everything is going good! It snowed here yesterday and we got 3-6 inches. Everyone here freaks out when it snows!
        Well everything with the baptism went very well! Dakota was baptized on her husband’s birthday and everything went smoothly! Then on Sunday I got to confirm her in Sacrament! I have been pretty lucky, I have gotten to confirm 4 out of 5 of all the people that I have helped be baptized. I’m very blessed in that aspect. My first area on my mission has for sure been a blessing to my life. I have learned a lot and it has shaped me on what kind of missionary I want to be the rest of my mission. I have found what works and what doesn’t! 
         This last week we actually found 4 new investigators! It was a great finding week! The coolest one was a woman named Virginia Dale. She was a referral from Church headquarters, and we went and knocked on her door! She lets us in and she is there with her two 25 year old daughters. One daughter is Pentecostal and the other is Southern Baptist. Virginia is a super nice lady but is also Southern Baptist.. For now. ;) Anyways, we get talking to Virginia and she starts to tell us everything that is going wrong in her life. She tells us that she was done with everything and that it all seemed to be crashing down at once. Her house burnt down and she lost everything. She told us how she was praying and asking God to send her someone or something to help her. Anything she said would help. And she was on the internet one day and she said she didn’t even know how it happened, but our website popped up. So she requested it and then we show up and she tells us that she knows God is pointing her our way for a reason! So we told her we share a comforting message about Jesus Christ and his Church. And she eagerly said.. Come back Tuesday and tell me all about it!!
         My week has been pretty good! I’m enjoying the area and learning a lot! Thanks for everything you do for me and the prayers sent my way! We will also be getting our phones at the end of this month. So I am super excited for that!! 
          Well other than that nothing big has been going on out here in the East! I’m starting to like the east coast more and more. Thanks for all you do for me and the continual support I get from you. President always tells me that he knows how much love and support I get from you all. And it’s a lot!! Thank you! I have the best family to go home too
         Well I hope you have a great week, Love ya!


                                                                         Love, Elder Welling!










No comments:

Post a Comment