Monday, February 26, 2018

Good but Sad Week

My week has been really good and sad at the same time!!!  Well the time has come for me to reveal the place where I am going! Yesterday in church we were having a great time. I was super sad telling all of the ward members bye. I took lots of pictures and still missed a few. But I am so sad that I am leaving this area. We were anxiously waiting for a phone call last night and finally got it at 9:40. The District Leader calls and tells me that I am leaving and Elder Cook is staying!  Elder Cooks new companion is coming from Columbia MD, and I’m not sure where my new companion is from but his name is Elder Brown, he is the current District Leader. Oh!!  And By the way, I’m being shipped off to Romney, West Virginia! 
    Not going to lie, I was a little bummed. I have been a little sour over this new area. I haven’t had the best attitude about it either.  Romney is a branch, and it is a tiny, tiny, tiny town. I am pretty sure Woodruff UT is bigger than this place. I was pretty bummed when I found out. But we will see how it goes! I have been packing all of my things up and I will be in Romney by Thursday! 
    I am going to try and do the Book of Mormon challenge and then I will send you a picture at the end of March with the chart filled out!! I’m super glad that the stake is challenging the youth to do that! There is a lot of power found in the Book of Mormon along with protection. 
    This past week I hit my 6 month mark and I burned a tie!! It was an ugly tie that I found in the apartment but I burnt one!! haha It was awesome. I took a video and all that so it was super fun! This past week I have been going around visiting ward members and saying goodbye and taking lots of pictures! I can’t tell you how sad I was to be leaving this area. I love it here so much. Missionaries all over the mission when I first came in, told me how dead Cumberland was and just kept saying "Good luck in that area". But now, Missionaries all the way over in Baltimore are recognizing how alive the area really is. They have begun to call it a mini Zion! This area is way more alive than people thought. People are ready to receive the gospel everywhere we go! But do we have our eyes open to see them? The people here in Cumberland will forever be my fav. They are all so awesome and I love them. I will especially miss the converts I have had also.  But Change will be good and we will see how Romney goes.  Romney is 1 area down from Cumberland. I am not moving far. Less than an hour away.
          The Headquarter referral we haven’t seen in a while.  We see her Wednesday, well, Elder Cook will see her Wednesday!  We get our phones at the next zone conference so it will be in the next 2-3 weeks!  I am really excited.  Not much has been going on this week besides us going and telling ward members bye.  Ray loved the scriptures by the way!  He really loved how his name was on the front and everything.  He was very appreciative and loved them!  So thank you for sending them!  Those cats that were outside my apt were born when I first got to the area! They all grew up and I fed them occasionally.  But the Land Lord came and took them all away! So they are gone now!! haha
    I do remember how to pack everything up and it’s going to be weird! Cumberland has been my home for the last 6 months!  But I am starting to pack it up already! 
    Thanks for the quote and all of that good stuff. I love hearing about the home life!! It sounds like everyone is doing well and life is going on whether Nate is there or not ;) 
    Sorry, there isn’t much to tell you all about this week.  But I’m headed to Romney and we will see how it goes. I know and can tell that the Lord is hastening His work everywhere!! Even in Evanston Wyoming! He is building up the kingdom of God on earth. We are all very privileged to live in a time like this. The Lord always promised that His church would be built up in the last days and His promises are coming through!  
    Thanks for all you do for me and thanks for the continual support! I love and miss you and I too know that this is where I am supposed to be! It has been hard to leave all other things behind. But the rewards will be much greater than the sacrifice!  Keep being awesome and thanks for the chart. I printed it out!! I love ya! Have a great week!

Here is my new Address:   P. O. Box 412,  Shanks, West Virginia 26761

Love ya,

Elder Welling


























No comments:

Post a Comment