Monday, March 5, 2018

Almost Heaven, West Virginia, Blue Ridge Mountains..... Country Roads


Hello All,

I am officially in Romney West Virginia! This place reminds me a lot of Randolph Utah. It’s not as small as I thought!  My new companions name is Elder Zach Brown! He is from Black foot Idaho and he has been out on his mission 16 months! I continue to remind him that he only has 8 months left.. Anyways Romney!.. The branch here is very small and it has about 20 active members. When I got here I found out that the members here do not feed us, they don’t come to lessons and they reject callings. So after lots of conversation on what to do, Elder Brown and I had a 20 minute come to Jesus meeting after church on Sunday with the branch.. For the most part they all took it pretty good and I think it will seriously change some things. But, there was one lady named sister ….. that rolled her eyes at us and stormed out of the room. The members here just don’t want to help and the last week has been frustrating! But Elder Brown and I are figuring it out and I think we will get people going here! I really like Elder Brown. He is a goober and loves to have fun which is what I needed! He has been in Romney for almost 6 months and he says it is draining him mentally because of how lonely it is here. So we are going to work hard and we are going to have fun! This past week we have walked so much! This is the most I have walked my entire mission! haha I love it though because we walk in the country on dirt roads and there are a lot of farms and ranches so we see all kinds of things! It reminds me a lot of the summers when I was working with Parker! The people here are really nice. No one slams the doors here! They all accept us and talk to us. There is this little old guy named Dick and he loves us so much. He always tries to convert us to catholic because he thinks we would make great Catholics! lol
      Oh.. Did I mention that I live in a trailer?? I LIVE IN A TRAILER IN ROMNEY WEST VIRGINIA.. I could not believe it!!!! Im getting used to it though. This trailer used to be infested with cockroaches! There are alot of spiders in it and I dont do spiders!!
      This past week we were walking around knocking on doors and we get a call and it is our Land Lord.. She tells us to hurry and get back to the trailer.. She then tells us that because of how strong the wind was, a treee fell over and landed on our trailer!! I was secretly hoping that the tree would destroy this trailer so that Our mission would get us a new place to live. But since the Lord has a sense of humor he decided to let us get excited and then we find out that this freaking huge tree just dented the thing.. I was kind of mad this tree didn’t mash the thing! I was hoping for a new place.. haha
      Well this Thursday is the day!! We get our smart phones this week!! In 3 days! So watch for me on Facebook! I will be there! haha Me and Elder Brown are super excited and we cannot wait to be connected with technology again! haha
       Well I really do think I will end up loving it here. The branch is a little upsetting. They don’t like missionaries for some reason.. But we will work on it. Lots of Less active work to be done here! But I think I will be fine! It reminds me a lot of home and I love how pretty it is walking on the dirt roads with all the cows and trees around me! 
       Elder Brown is about 2 inches taller than me and he is really funny! I think I am going to really learn how to cook in this area.. haha we never go out to eat! Which I love going out to eat. This Thursday The missionary work will open up to a whole new world! I’m pretty lucky to be on a mission at this point in time. This is the first generation of missionaries with smart phones and it is going to be awesome! Im sooooo excited! The Lord continues to hasten his work with the tools he is blessing us with. Imagine the people every missionary can find and teach with one click of a button. It will be incredible! We will be able to teach people all over the United States and we will reach people that have never been reached before! It’s been cool to see how the Lord continues to hasten his work. I’m starting to love being here and it dawned on me that my mission is only a limited time and it’s pretty short. I want to go to other areas of the mission and continue to meet people! 
       Well thanks for all you do. I can’t wait for what is to come! I’m glad everything at home is going fine and you are all doing great! Thanks for everything! Love ya!!

                                       Love, Elder Welling!


























No comments:

Post a Comment