Monday, March 26, 2018

Fish Fry with the Catholics


Hello all,


          I'm glad everything is going well at home. Everyone at home has been on my mind a lot lately and I'm not sure why. But I'm glad all is going great with you all!
         This past week we were invited by quite a few Catholics to go to a thing they call a "Fish Fry" they do it every Friday and this is the 3rd time we have went! I always get the steamed peel and eat shrimp they are fresh from the bay.  We get some pretty weird looks when we walk in to the church.. Haha they act like they have never seen a Mormon before! ;) They all try to convert us.. Some of them ask us weird questions too!
Every Thursday morning we go to the United Methodist church here in Romney and we do service at the food pantry! It's so much fun. Haha we have the best group. They are all above the age of 75 and they are soo funny! I will get a picture of them all and send it next week! I love them all! Haha
This last week, a guy that we have been teaching through Facebook expressed his interest in the Book of Mormon to us and said he would love a free copy! He is from the Philippines.. So we asked him for an address and we sent the referral to the sister missionaries over in the Philippines in that area!! It was awesome to see. The Gospel is spreading so much faster now through this new technology. Not only do we help those in the Maryland Baltimore Mission receive the Gospel.. But we are helping missionaries find those people in other parts of the world to share the gospel with. The gospel is being shared so much faster and more effectively now! It's amazing to see the Lord Hasten His work as he continues to provide us with tools such as technology to help us bless his children that are looking for the gospel. I never realized how powerful of a tool technology could be in sharing the Gospel. But with just one click of a button, we are reaching people far beyond our mission boundaries. It's awesome!
We have stayed pretty busy this past week with everything we have been doing! The weather here was awful for the first few days of the week but now it is getting pretty warm again and the snow is melting!

       Well I honestly am starting to love the people here in Romney.. Haha I never thought I would. But I have been praying for it to happen every night. And yesterday during church it finally happened. I love the people in the branch. There are a few I would like to punch square in the nose.. But the faith these people have, to keep going even with a failing branch amazes me sometimes. The Lord has made it very clear to Elder Brown and I, that he is working wonders among the people here in Romney. We just have to exercise the Faith.
   
Anyways I can't even begin to explain how happy I am that General Conference is in 5 days! I remember back in September and October at the last general conference and I was thinking I can't believe I have to wait another 6 months for another one.. But this one coming up is going to be pretty amazing. I feel like this new presidency and leadership is going to take the church to higher levels of growth, expansion and obedience. President Nelson knew long before President Monson died that his time would come. He hit the ground running. I loved what he said in his first announcement has President of the Church.. "We are going to begin with the End in mind." I just thought that was a really good statement.
This past week we haven't had a lot of progression with investigators this week.. We did teach a lot of lessons though. One of our progressing investigators named Diana is reading the BOM and loving it. She is awesome. We also found a new potential investigator last week named David. Hopefully he really takes it in and gets baptized! Haha

        Yesterday in church one of the members in the branch pulled us aside and rebuked us for a solid 5 minutes on something completely stupid. I will probably end up hitting the man before I am transferred.. Lol
Well.. Thanks for the emails!! I always love to hear from you and to hear how the family is doing! Couldn't do it without you!! Have a great week and love ya!! 

Love, Elder Welling! 


















No comments:

Post a Comment