Monday, February 12, 2018

New Investigators and Hurtful Members!

I am excited to get the package, I’m very sure that Ray will love the scriptures you bought him! He is still coming to church every week and he is coming to lessons with us! He is doing great. 
Elder Fitzgerald is training again over in Baltimore. And He calls me every once in a while, and we see each other at mission meetings! He is still doing great and he goes home in 10 months!
       The Elder that was with me in last weeks pictures was our District leader from Hancock.. His name is Elder Dakota Vu and he actually just went home last week! He was very excited that he was going home. I love the kid! He is the funniest guy ever! He will be one I will stay in touch with after my mission. He gave me all of his info so we can do that!! When people trap possum out here they just throw them away. They set the traps for Raccoons or something else and the possums end up getting into the trap instead!! 
        Well this past week has been pretty good!! Not a whole lot has gone on! I am not sure if I mentioned this last week or not, but Elder Cook and I found a family last week knocking doors! The father is James, the mother Sharlene, and 4 kids! 3 of which are baptism age!! We were just knocking doors (which I am not a fan of) and they answered and actually had a recent death in the family!  So we shared the message of the Restoration and gave them a Book of Mormon and they have been reading it! It was so awesome to be a part of!
        This week we have been dealing with a member of our ward that doesn’t believe Ray deserved the Gospel. It is mind boggling when a member would say something like that. He doesn’t think a man like Ray could have been forgiven or could have repented of anything. He actually is being pretty rude to us as well.. I walked up to him and asked him if “we had met yet” and he said "If you would have shaken my hand, I would have cringed"  So I kind of want to deck him in the face. But the bishop doesn’t think I should.. ;)  It just bothers me that we worked so hard with Ray and there are more people in the church going against him, then outside of it!
        We are planning on going to the temple Saturday with Ashton to do baptism for the dead!! I am super excited. We don’t get a preparation day today due to the temple trip Saturday.. which is okay because it’s worth it!! We also have interviews with President on Friday so that should be fun! I am excited for that!!
          Transfers are on the 28th.. I’m thinking I will be gone after this one.. I’m kind of sad. I hope I go to Martinsburg to be honest!! I would love Martinsburg! I want to stay on the west side of the mission.. I don’t want to go east. Knock on wood. lol
        Other than that nothing huge is going on right now! We are just focusing on finding people to teach and hopefully get some people progressing towards baptism! Everything is going great and I am doing great! I hope all goes well for you this week and I love you and Pray for each of you! Love ya and have a great week!


                                      Love, Elder Welling!








No comments:

Post a Comment