Monday, December 3, 2018

Praying for Jason and Mission Tour



Hey All!!

Wow.. I can feel the pain coming from our family today. The way you all describe the situation to me is heart breaking and I know that you all are suffering. I'm praying day and night for Jason and our family. I listened to a talk this morning called "Wounded" by Elder Neil L. Anderson in the October 2018 General Conference. It fits this situation so well and it gives us such hope in situations like these. It helps me understand why bad things happen to good people who keep the Commandments of God. This will be quite the recovery process for Jason.. But the Lord knew he could handle it. Whenever I think of hard things that we go through I love reading D&C 122: 7-9. When I think of all that the Prophet Joseph Smith went through it just blows me away. He endured so much and was beaten, tortured, persecuted, betrayed by all around him. Even those he thought were friends. While Joseph was asking the Lord how much pain he would have to endure, the Lord speaks peace to his heart

"And if thou shouldst be cast into the pit, or into the hands of murderers, and the sentence of death passed upon thee; if thou be cast into the deep; if the billowing surge conspire against thee; if fierce winds become thine enemy; if the heavens gather blackness, and all the elements combine to hedge up the way; and above all, if the very jaws of hell shall gape open the mouth wide after thee, know thou, my son, that all these things shall give thee experience, and shall be for thy good."

It will be a process. But the Lord will strengthen him and heal him in time.

This week we had something called the "Mission Tour" which is where the general authorities tour all the missions in the world and make sure they are running properly. This week we had Elder Kevin S. Hamilton of the Seventy come and be with us for a day! It was great! We had a great meeting and a great time with him. After the meeting we all got to sit down and eat. Well while sitting down to eat, here comes Kevin S. Hamilton and sits right next to me with his wife Sister Hamilton. We talked with them for all of lunch and then he asked us if we had any questions at all about anything. So he gave us all the Down Low information on everything that goes on inside church headquarters. It was actually pretty cool! His wife leaned over to me and shared a cool story with me. This was her story: Back when President Nelson was first called as Prophet, he went on a world tour to visit the people Of the World. At the time Kevin S. Hamilton and Sister Hamilton were assigned over the Africa region which meant that they were able to go with President Nelson on this tour through Africa! The whole time they were with him, she said that he was on such a tight schedule that he never had time to do much else. He was always on the run. While after the tour, they were all on the plane. President Nelson was up at the very front and Sister Hamilton has the Aisle seat way at the back. While on the plane she just kept thinking to herself how cool it would be to sit down 1 on 1 with the Prophet. About 5 minutes later she sees President Nelson stand up way at the front of the plane. He walks all the way to the back and then kneels down at her face level and calls her by name, and says: "Claudia, tell me about your family" she then started to tear up and said: "The Lord knew exactly what I wanted and he gave it to me." she then goes on to say: "I was ministered to by the Prophet." what amazed me most out of this story was how fast and precise President Nelson received and acted on his prompting. That's a pretty intense and specific prompting to follow. That's how In tune with the spirit that man is. Haha

We also did service this week on a guy's Farm with him and guess what I was doing?? I was fencing! Haha it made me feel right at home with Parker, Bill and Louie! All those good times fencing wayyyyyy up in the mountains! Haha

Anyways this week has been good. I can't believe it Is December already. After this month it is 2019 and that means I come home quite soon. So crazy. I hope you have a great week! I love and miss you. 
I am praying for Jason! Tell him I love him.

Love, Elder Welling! 





















No comments:

Post a Comment