Monday, April 30, 2018

Heyyyyyy Babyyyyyy


Hey all,

I'm having a great time here in Romney with Elder Munden! He and I get along great and we laugh all the time.  The area here is getting a lot better! We are now correlating with the branch leaders daily and it is awesome! The branch leadership here is awesome. We are getting a lot done and getting some Less Actives back!
This last week Elder Munden and I were walking down a dirt road in the back hills of Romney and we see a little red beater car rolling up and almost sounding like it's about to fall off its wheels.. The car pulls up to us and there is a man driving and there is a woman in the passenger seat. The woman leans out the rolled down window and looks me in the eye and says.. "Heyyyyyyyy Babyyyyyyyyyy"... Wasn't sure how to respond.. So I just said hi how are you? Hahahaha that's was for sure the weirdest thing all week. Elder Munden and I almost died laughing.
The investigators are going pretty well! We found two new investigators this week named David and Louisa!! David, after teaching him a doorstep restoration told us that he has been going to a few churches over the last couple of years and every single one of them has confused him. So we invited him to our church and he was very interested in coming to church this next week so hopefully he comes!! I would say the closest investigator we have to baptism is Jesse. She is awesome we taught her the full restoration lesson last week and after talking about the Book of Mormon she asked how and what she has to do to be baptized!! It was awesome!! I'm hoping she gets baptized soon. She would be awesome!!
Then later this week we knocked on a door and an older guy answers.. He invites us in and we see that he has 2 ping pong tables set up and 4 older guys in the room with him! So they invite us to play.. It has been 8 months since I have played ping pong. So I was awful. But these old guys all were like freaking Japanese warriors at ping pong. We got wrecked.. They invited us back so that was cool though!! Haha
Thanks for the birthday wishes! I can't believe I'm 19..haha how does it feel to have a 19 year old?! ;) I'm looking forward to it though!
 
I hope you all have a great week! Thanks for all you do! I love and miss you!

Love, Elder Welling!















No comments:

Post a Comment