Monday, April 1, 2019

Miracles and a New Suit


Hey All!!

No worries! I am alive and well, and I still love the city! Haha

It has been a wild week! This week just as the recent few have flown by!! Monday to Monday feel so fast now. It's crazy!

To start off, this week we had the amazing opportunity to participate in the baptism of our friend Travis Shultz! He is doing so great and it was a great service. He received the Aaronic Priesthood yesterday and is going to the Philadelphia Temple on April 13th to do baptism for the dead. His progress is amazing and he will be a great leader and member of the church! Very intelligent man.

An amazing miracle we saw this week was with our friend Wali. One night we had 20 minutes left in our evening, with nothing to do. So we decided that we would walk down the street and see who we could find to talk to. As we are walking, we see a man walking his dog. As we get closer we say hi and introduce ourselves. He then tells us that he knows who we are and that he used to talk with missionaries! We then set up an appointment with him to come and talk with him. On the day of our appointment we show up, and sit down with him. By the way, Wali is musilm, he was born in New York, and he is very into his religion. Anyways, as we sat and talked with him we asked him what he remember from the last time he met with Elders. He explained a few things to us, and then told us that earlier that day before we had come over he was reading The Book of Mormon that we gave him a few nights earlier. He told us that as he was reading in 2 Nephi, he had the most overwhelming feeling, as if a fire was burning all over his body. He told us that it was so powerful that it brought tears to his eyes and he began to cry. Now.. This man is high up in the Muslim religion. He lives his religion and he loves his religion. After he told us about his feelings he experienced, he put The Book of Mormon down in front of us on the table and said to us: "I bare my witness that The Book of Mormon is The Word of God. If a book can make me feel like that and bring tears to my eyes, it is of God." as you can imagine I about fell off my chair because of shock. Haha it's not every day that you hear a Non-Christian say that The Book of Mormon is the word of God! It really showed me how powerful The Book of Mormon is and the spirit that it contains when the earnest seeker of truth opens its covers and reads from its pages. The power and witness the spirit can give us as we humbly seek the truth of The Book of Mormon is so powerful and this experience I has shown it to me!

Another funny experience we had this week was one day we were walking the streets and talking to people. We decided that we would stop by a potentials house and see if she would want to talk with us. We knock on the door and wait. We then see a young black kid, probably 3-4 years old, come up the porch stairs behind us and run inside, he then yells to his mother when he runs in: "Mom there is 2 white boys out there!" I don't think I have been called "white" so many times in my life then I have the last 2 weeks here in Baltimore! It's been pretty funny.

I am loving the city life and loving my mission! Everything is crazier here in Baltimore! Nothing ever gets old. Haha anyways I hope that you have a great week! I love and miss you a ton!

Love, Elder Welling! 













No comments:

Post a Comment