Tuesday, May 28, 2019

Love Watching Lives Change


Hey All!

Well another week has come and gone and I'm still loving life in the Chesapeake Bay area! This week has been FULL of experiences and good times.

To start off the week, we went to a place called Fort McHenry last Monday and that is where the star spangled banner was written! It was super cool to see all the history here in Baltimore! We got to stand on the fort and look out over the bay and see exactly where the British navy came into the bay. It was pretty sweet! A cool couple in our ward named The Huebners took us all and Brother Huebner is like a walking history book so we had quite the tour ;)

We had exchanges with the other elders in our ward, Elders Coombs and Jackson! I went with Elder Coombs for the day and we went and got it done here in the area! We came out on the mission together so we had a pretty good time talking to each other all day. We also ate at this super good place that is only in Baltimore! It's called Hip-Hop Chicken! By far the best chicken I have ever had. Haha it looks like it wouldn't be that good at first.. But then you go into the restaurant and you buy and eat the chicken and it seriously changes your life. Haha best chicken ever, and it's only in Baltimore ;)

While on exchanges with Elder Coombs, we were teaching a lady named Kelly. We sat down with her and her family which consisted of 6 people and we taught them all the Plan of Salvation! It was such a sweet lesson. My favorite thing about teaching people is being able to witness a light come into one's eyes as the Holy Ghost testifies in their hearts that what we are saying as true. As we were teaching The Plan of Salvation, she kept looking at us and kept saying, "These are all things that I have always thought about! It's just that no other churches have ever taught me all of this. I have always had questions about this." it has been a miracle in my life being able to witness things like this. To be able to sit down with individuals and families day after day and teach them the restored principles and doctrines of Jesus Christ has changed the lives of the people I have been privileged to teach, but it has most definitely changed my life forever. Being able to teach people and help people answer the questions they have had their whole lives is such a miracle to witness. There are people searching for the truth EVERYWHERE we go!

Elder Beus and I have been finding and finding like crazy here in Chesapeake. Now we just need to work on getting these people to come to church! Haha which is the hardest part.

While serving here in Baltimore, I think I have listened to more rap music in just 12 weeks than I have my entire 20 years of living.. There is seriously someone on every single street that is pounding the rap music here in the city.. Haha this week we found a guy that had moved all of his stereo and speaker equipment out to his front porch in middle of the city and then just started blaring his music. You could hear this man's music 3 blocks away.. It was insane. Haha to make it all better though, this guy had a microphone and was acting like the DJ for all the neighbors. Haha if I were is neighbor I would go crazy having to listen to that all the time. We were sitting on the porch next to his house talking to a lady and this DJ turned the volume up so loud that you could seriously feel your chest vibrate.. It was a good time though. I got some videos of him pounding the music. Hahaha

I also found out this week from Sarah Sedefoglu, who is a woman I baptized back in Elizabethtown PA, that her daughter Ayla (Who I also taught while I was serving there) got Baptised on Saturday! It made me so happy to see her finally get baptized!! Sarah's family is and has been such a blessing to my life. They too have changed my life forever.

My week has been great and I am loving the missionary life! I'm taking as much in as I can, because I will soon have to take the name tag off and it will be finished! Thanks for all the love and support! I love and miss you!

Love, Elder Welling
!







No comments:

Post a Comment